Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic F1
(10-06-2018, 11:09 PM)Max Teel Wrote:  
(10-06-2018, 10:39 PM)Andy Rohrer Wrote:  ...it probably makes sense to slow down at the first corner...

Exactly right. This one golden piece of advice could save so many srs racers so much grief! Maybe it should come up as a flashing banner at every race start! Wink

Why would anyone pay attention to that banner? Everyone knows that when you're the fastest guy in the race but somehow only managed to qualify in 21st place, the best way to get that P1 that you deserve is to divebomb turn one.
Slowing down for the first corner dosn't work either. I just raced where I kept in 4th rather that change to 5th and had someone drive in to the back of me.
(10-06-2018, 10:39 PM)Andy Rohrer Wrote:  it probably makes sense to slow down at the first corner

Niki Lauda said exactly that after Ronnie Peterson died in a typical sim racing start at Monza.

I still don't get how sim racers can't get this incredibly simple rule in their heads. Sure it happened to all of us when we began racing online. But in a typical SRS race there are hardly any complete rookies.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(10-07-2018, 09:23 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  
(10-06-2018, 10:39 PM)Andy Rohrer Wrote:  it probably makes sense to slow down at the first corner

Niki Lauda said exactly that after Ronnie Peterson died in a typical sim racing start at Monza.

I still don't get how sim racers can't get this incredibly simple rule in their heads. Sure it happened to all of us when we began racing online. But in a typical SRS race there are hardly any complete rookies.

Yeah I feel the same Simon, especially when it's the 500+ rating races. We all love a good race, and my impression is that following/overtaking another car in sims is far easier than in real life (total lack of real experience to go on of course!) so T1 really isn't that important...
I have to say that I don't think that rating is much of an indication to actual racing skill, especially with the fact that negative points / rating is applied no matter who's at fault, ( even after a review. )

The number of times I have watched a top split race ( 2 - 3 other servers ) and there are incidents half way down Kemmel straight at Spa or along the long straight at the Nordschleife.
Yeah fair enough Tim, I guess the rating is not really designed to say who is sensible or not when it comes to close racing. Nor is incident rating a great guide for the reasons you say.

Personally I think if there was a way of rewarding clean drivers that would be great.
Without wanting to big him up too much, Michal has always been super fair in every race I've seen him in or raced with him in. I know he'll always give a fair amount of space, so I try and be just as respectful back to him.
wanted send message to Troels but has disabled PM

so try here

Hello,

big sorry :Sad

i made what i hate (and get many times in lap1), but misjudget the situation, after you start so quick and run to front , I expected faster going thru this corner, i try brake as much as possible but not to block tyres and cause bigger accident Sad

Michal
Did most of the Barcelona race with no rear wing as my buddy decided I didn't need it so hit it off Big Grin It actually did make the race a little more tense/fun.

Only 1 week left, gonna miss driving these hellhounds with you guys.
Was having on of my best races today at Barcelona... 5th place chasing Alex and holding off Max...then BAM! 10th lap disconnect...
why me...?  Dodgy  ...but intense while it lasted! Good clean fun!
Imola, Imola, Imola....
Ciao