Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mandatory Qualify before Racing
(04-18-2018, 11:46 PM)Iam Jabour Wrote:  Hi, today we had a very nice chat on discord about the problem of people racing without even knowing the track. We came up with a simple (on the explanation point) way to improve everyone race.

Mandatory Qualify:
To be able to enter a race with a specific car and track you need to pass a mandatory qualify first. Not sure how it would work on the implementation side (more on this at the bottom).
So the idea is simple:
- If you subscribe to a race you have to complete at least 3 hot laps without any fault.
- The 3 laps should not have a delta difference more than X (where X could be something like 3-5sec)
- If you have a fault you are disqualified from the race and have to try again later (like a 3 hours penalty time).

How this could be implemented? I'm not a mod expert so on my view:
- During practice of the race. Good point: make it easy since the server is already created and people have joined. Bad point: People may be disqualified and the race will have less driver, Someone can crash on you and you will be disqualified.
- Special session for it. May use resources and make infrastructure more complicated. Good side: If will qualify before join the race.
- Local race: you install a mod so you can do it on a practice session by yourself and the file is validated by the mod. Bad side: mod development.
+1. need to have some challenge that people complete before they can qualify. if you didn't practice the car/track, you can't race.

I would even go as far as to say that the challenge should be hard enough for only one split. that way no need for rating system

Messages In This Thread
Mandatory Qualify before Racing - by Iam Jabour - 04-18-2018, 11:46 PM
RE: Mandatory Qualify before Racing - by Daniel Nowak - 04-19-2018, 12:10 AM