Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Too many racing with bonnet view.
Such a huge need for helicorsa? You can't see enough with this? It's a single monitor 1080p showing all the possible at any time easily accessible views for driver view, dash view (what most people with a wheel I know use) and the dreaded bonnet cam:

[Image: KkOq2z7h.jpg]

[Image: BhyXtrKh.jpg]

[Image: vbLLnhzh.jpg]

Dash is probably the best if you like it as your side views don't get blocked by a seat in GT3 and such cars but I'm not sure you can adjust the angle in AC, you can adjust angle for driver side views though and the speed of rotation etc. Still with even a rear view mirror and looking only forward you can see when someone is beside you, it's this simple: Can you see their front in your mirror? Yes? Then they are behind you. Can't see their front in your mirror anymore? Then they are beside you.
Can't adjust rear view mirror position, rotation, angle etc. in some "simulator"? Well it probably has a virtual mirror, AC does, use it instead.

The bonnet cam side views are literally useless as the camera position is too much forward.
Driver side views can be adjusted to see through side windows over the seat, I've used the not always so great default view made by Kunos for all views.

Most of the time all you really need is forward view and a rear view mirror. If in doubt leave a 1 lane space by the side. With the lags and confusion helicorsa has, plus it's endless flickering and going nuts in complicated situations, it's quite useless and distracting to have to watch. A system with 3 simple arrows would have worked better, AC has or used to have some arrows, very tiny arrows that float around the screen, but I've disabled that as soon as I saw it or maybe it was a different sim. Nah it's AC, it's here: system config - proximity_indicator.ini - hide=1 to get rid of it, there are no settings to adjust it and make it actually useful. There also used to be an app that would use radio to say that there is a car beside you, not sure if it was in helicorsa as an option or other app, don't use it either. A radio is certainly much less distracting if done right.

Will you see much more than this in VR? Yes. Is it any useful, no, because do you really need to see your feet, crotch, gear shifter or back of your seat? Especially since you probably don't have the real shifter position synced with VR position.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Too many racing with bonnet view. - by Jaroslav Černý - 07-02-2018, 02:18 PM