Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Too many racing with bonnet view.
Hi all, are there any plans to have forced cockpit view races?
Im seeing many people run with the bonnet cam  in both R3E and AC, for me this is a big no no for realism and immersion, imo a sim should be raced from cockpit view, no offence to anyone who uses bonnet view or others but id love to see SRS  have a forced cockpit rule somewhere down the road.
(03-30-2018, 05:04 PM)Damien Culleton Wrote:  Hi all, are there any plans to have forced cockpit view races?
Im seeing many people run with the bonnet cam  in both R3E and AC, for me this is a big no no for realism and immersion, imo a sim should be raced from cockpit view, no offence to anyone who uses bonnet view or others but id love to see SRS  have a forced cockpit rule somewhere down the road.
I don't run bonnet view, but those who do have told me it helps them see other cars better so they do not crash into us. This could be a good thing.
(03-30-2018, 05:41 PM)Eddie Ellis Wrote:  
(03-30-2018, 05:04 PM)Damien Culleton Wrote:  Hi all, are there any plans to have forced cockpit view races?
I don't run bonnet view, but those who do have told me it helps them see other cars better so they do not crash into us. This could be a good thing.

There is one app - it's called helicorsa Wink
Intel i5-8400 @2,80GHz | ASUS-Prime Z370-P | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz RAM | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX1060 6GB | LG 23,8" 1920x1080 | Win10 Ultimate | Logitech Driving Force GT
I use helicorsa for AC for sure but not for R3E.
As long as the drivers around me engage in good, clean racing and are having fun then I don't care what view they're using. That is each drivers choice and should remain that way.
but in other hand they see better so they are braver and try overtake more often in no good situation thinking that others drive too from bonet whch is not correct

and from bonet cant see cars just little behind and thing they are not side to them and turn and collision is here
(03-30-2018, 05:41 PM)Eddie Ellis Wrote:  

How do you see what position another drivers view is?..if you are referring to replays, that's not always what view they drive in.
Streamers, youtube videos... I've seen a number of bumper cams recently. I could go either way here. I use cockpit specifically because I like how it looks and it is the only way to use TrackIR. Additionally, I use both Helicorsa and Car Radar on top of each other.

But if using bumper cam or whatever cam makes a really bad driver more aware of their surroundings, that sounds pretty good to me. If they are bad I'll (hopefully) be faster than them and this becomes a non-issue. Smile
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Why not force people to only race in VR for realism?

You can race in wingman view for all I care, just do your best not to hit me Wink
i always find that bonnet cam always gives me the ability to hit apex's a lot better Smile