Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Too many racing with bonnet view.
OMG. We have it again. Each racing game has frequently it‘s discussion about forced cockpit view. It always starts with the silly realism argument although it absolutely doesn’t affect the realism of the cockpit driver weather the others drive with bonnet, wing man or spectating cam. And as for now also in every discussion about that at some point one driver reveals the real argument:

It is all about jealousy - that the other driver might be better because of it‘s view. For me this is whining at it‘s best. For me it would be some kind of dictatorship if one part of the community forced others to drive in a way they don‘t want. 

As a side note: More than ten years ago I also used cockpit view in rFactor on my 17 inch screen. I thought it was realistic but nowadays I state me wrong. It was more of driving and looking out of a tank than a race car. Now I drive Forza Motorsport with wingman camera and gamepad as well asand AC from the bonnet view and with the good old red MOMO. I want clean races. I want fun. Let me drive the way I want as long I do not ruin your race.

An other question:
Would you (the cockpit drivers) leave the game or SRS if they refused to force cockpit view? I don‘t think so. But would we (the bonnet drivers) leave SRS if we were forced in cockpit view? YES we would! So if you want as empty AC servers as R3E already has then forced cockpit view is the way SRS can go for.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Too many racing with bonnet view. - by Thomas Soehmisch - 06-27-2018, 08:30 AM