Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lag Lag Lag - Road America
Exclamation 
Hey,
I've just (tried to) race at Road America! Qualified 3rd and after start, the game lagged. A LOT. Ping was around 60-70 so no issue with that. FPS were also quite fine. The very same thing happened a couple of days ago. Both times I retired since I didn't want to ruin anyone's race. My statistics have gone down a lot and due to an issue which is not my problem. Can we find a fix for that? Can my rating go back to normal, before these issues?
Thanks in advance!
yes it did happen. It is impossible to drive competitively like that, because the cars are swaying back and forth, side to side, and it affects every driver so I know it's not us. I watched the replay and every car was doing it right from the start.
these same lags are approx 14 days on other servers, like on our czech league and people there sad that it started after last minor AC update
So it doesn't happen only to me?! Hmm, I wonder if there's a solution to that!

Yes it is like this ,It happened more then once so far that I ,and other drivers in race getting incident points , not pleasant feeling for experienced driver neether to ones like me they just started and try to build they reputation on SRS
Just tried to race again. The very same problem. My lagging car destroyed a race for the win and afterwards everyone was against me at the chat. THEY WERE ALL RIGHT. A guy told me not to join SRS until I fix the issue. He was right as well. But HOW? Can I have an answer over how. It's obvious that I'm not the only case. What can I do? My ping is great, my fps are great! Am I the problem, are the servers a problem? It's not only my experience that is ruined, it's the one of the other drivers as well. WHY?
ping is one thing and lost packets another
(03-17-2018, 07:44 PM)George Pagidas Wrote:  Just tried to race again. The very same problem. My lagging car destroyed a race for the win and afterwards everyone was against me at the chat. THEY WERE ALL RIGHT. A guy told me not to join SRS until I fix the issue. He was right as well. But HOW? Can I have an answer over how. It's obvious that I'm not the only case. What can I do? My ping is great, my fps are great! Am I the problem, are the servers a problem? It's not only my experience that is ruined, it's the one of the other drivers as well. WHY?

Does this happen in another servers?
There must be a problem in your end, check your system, maybe run an antivirus program or something.
I had a clean install a couple of weeks ago actually, so there is no worries for viruses and that stuff. Internet speeds are really good and normal. It happens only this week. Maybe the best I can do is wait until Monday and then test it again...
George the problem you were having, was not the same issue as the general server lags that happened. Your issue was just you - and much much worse.

Your car was completely unpredictable and sometimes jumping 10-20 metres forward or back in a split second. This carried on even when the server had settled down.

Looks like massive packet loss - if it was me I would find out the IP of the SRS server and run some ping tests to see if any dropped packets. Most importantly speak to your ISP there may be a routing issue affecting your connection.