Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Website/Race Times Inconsistent
Hello,
Just noticed the website and race times are inconsistent on my end. My timezone is GMT+8, my user cp shows the current correct time, 18:42, but the race page shows the next AC race, KTM at Silverstone, starting in 18 minutes, but the session times are "Session schedule*: 08:00, 14:00, 20:00, 02:00".

Thanks.
Take a look at the graph in this thread

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=29
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.5GHz | ASUS Prime B350-Plus | 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz RAM | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX1070 8GB OC | Triple DELL 22" 1920x1080 | SimHub on 2nd DELL 15" monitor | Win10 Pro | Microsoft Xbox One Gamepad | Logitech G27+H shifter
Matthew Aggiss Wrote:Hello,
Just noticed the website and race times are inconsistent on my end. My timezone is GMT+8, my user cp shows the current correct time, 18:42, but the race page shows the next AC race, KTM at Silverstone, starting in 18 minutes, but the session times are "Session schedule*: 08:00, 14:00, 20:00, 02:00".

Thanks.

I have also seen this.

My local time is 10:28 am.  I set that in my user profile(GMT -4).  Selecting the Race Option, shows that a race starts in 2 mins( at 10:30 am).  Selecting the Daily Schedule option under the Race Option shows that race beginning at 11:30 am.

The times shown on the Daily Schedule are fast by 1 hour.
Just take a look at the graph and modify accordingly.

I'm on a GMT-3 TZ but for SRS I'm in ZONE 4 on the UTC-4 bracket
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.5GHz | ASUS Prime B350-Plus | 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz RAM | ASUS Strix GeForce GTX1070 8GB OC | Triple DELL 22" 1920x1080 | SimHub on 2nd DELL 15" monitor | Win10 Pro | Microsoft Xbox One Gamepad | Logitech G27+H shifter
Gaston Alegre Stotzer Wrote:Just take a look at the graph and modify accordingly.

I understand that you can choose an incorrect timezone in user profile and that will allow the race times in Daily Schedules to work correctly, but this is a bug.  

The race times are not being displayed correctly on the Daily Schedules page, there is an offset that is incorrect or some other reason that the time is off by one hour.

Gaston Alegre Stotzer Wrote:Just take a look at the graph and modify accordingly.

After looking into the attached map, I see that there 24 UTC zones.  From this attached map the user should find the 1/24th time zone offset in which they are located, look to the bottom and note the offset.  Mine happens to be -5 UTC offset. 

From there the user should go to the User CP Date and Time options and set the offset based on the UTC offset found earlier.

The confusion for me is this:

1)  The Date and Time options are listed in GMT.  
2)  It is not indicated that the offset is based on UTC, and in fact has GMT as the offset in the dropdown.
3)  The chart to locate the user's UTC is not available when setting the date and time options.
4)  All of the times listed on the website are GMT(with an * indicating the users offset).

In order to make things less complicated I would suggest.

1)  Stick to one time offset.  GMT or UTC not both.
2)  If you use UTC, add a link to the UTC chart to the Date and Time option section so the user has quick access.
Same here: at the bottom of the webpage the time is correct, but in the schedule the time is 1 hour off. like the next race is at 9:00 and I read 10:00.
I think I have figured out the issue here.

The dropdown for Date and Time in user settings shows 24 UTC offsets but they are keyed to GMT time incorrectly and this results in you picking the correct GMT time but incorrect UTC offset OR picking the correct UTC offset but incorrect GMT time.

The offset that is used to show the race start time in the "daily schedule" comes from using the UTC offset (there are 24 possible UTC offsets). Your UTC offset can be found by looking at the map in the Timezone section of the forum.

Once you have your UTC offset (mine is -5), select your Date and Time in your user settings using that offset.

When you select your date and time in user settings the drop down actually shows GMT time(my GMT offset is -4). If I select my correct GMT time, I will be using GMT with offset -4, but I need to be using UTC offset -5 in order to show the race schedule correctly.