Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro Championship
I say that's because you can follow other people and subconsciously copy their lines when they are faster.

I’m often up to a second faster when I can follow a faster guy (no, not just because of slipstream).
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Well, I am making space in front of me and behind me so I can go on my own in Q, and that´s where I am faster than in hotlap, there is no slipstream or no copying of line of the guy in front
NEVER GIVE UP!
I think you guys are crazy xD

I can understand if you gain 0.1 or 0.2 because of that 'in the moment' boost you get in quali...but 1 second!? Making me laugh xD Like I said, if that was the case I should be setting my Hotlap times in online servers, but I'm pretty sure there is a reason I am not.
Well I am not gaining 1s, mostly 0.5s
NEVER GIVE UP!
(01-23-2018, 06:40 PM)I have not noticed this, I feel that the track is pretty much the same as when I race offline. (Depends on the temperature of course)The faster lap times can be explained by less aero resistance, if your right behind a car, you will gain extra speed.That might be the reason?Regards Arne Gianni Gentles Wrote:  Something I've noticed is when racing online the tracks seem to have a bit more grip. I practice offline for an hour or so and try to create a decent setup if I'm not familiar with the combo. I always use 100% grip level when practicing.  
As an example, today's BMW M235i at Argarve, I haven't raced on that track since the days of Race07. I only had about 20 mins practice and found it difficult to get under 2 minutes.
During the race I did a 1:57.6. Even on my second lap of the race I beat my offline record by about 1.5 seconds.
So even if you use optimum track conditions offline you'll probably be a bit faster in the server.
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this??
Rainbow 
Hello All,

Now that the Euro M235i Championship is over for me I want people to have as much fun at Laguna Seca as possible. I will attach a video of a somewhat scrappy lap and the Laguna Seca setups (which can be adjusted to each track by changing tyre pressures only).

Have fun!

Attached Files
.zip   M235i_Laguna_Setups.zip (Size: 888 bytes / Downloads: 16)
Thanks Ross ! I'll give it a try !
(01-24-2018, 07:11 AM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Happening to me as well, always a little faster on SRS servers than in offline hotlap, same settings as on SRS servers. No idea why.. Big Grin
I've found the same thing. The only reason I can think of the difference is that with 24 cars running around laying down rubber the grip is improving over time... or they can boost the grip past 100% on the servers
my HUD always says 100% on SRS servers
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Well, at least until ~7 minutes in to a 10 minute qualifier. Whether there is such a thing as more than 100% in AC... I dunno!

Tangent: I still think it should just start out at 100% right at the start of Practice and through qualifying. There's many aspects of real life that don't really need to be simulated for 20 minute races for fun. Why have fairly new drivers fumble around the track dealing with sub-optimal grip for 7+ minutes? Is that really helping anything?
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz