Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Euro Championship
Hi all,

My Name is Danilo I'm Italian from Milano. 
I'm partecipating to Euro Championship and next race will be at Nurburgring .
Do you know if the fastest laps which are higlighted now after the first races, are referring to the race itself or are qualifying sessions ? 
I saw 8:59" which is by far too faraway from what I can do at race conditions (I'm practicing at the moment with AI set at 98% to be ready for the race probably on Saturday)  
Please let me know
My best wishes to all partecipants
Hi Danilo, its registering both race and qualifying times in there. You can see the Race times when you check the previous results in "Races" tab
NEVER GIVE UP!
(01-23-2018, 05:34 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Hi Danilo, its registering both race and qualifying times in there. You can see the Race times when you check the previous results in "Races" tab

Thanks Marek, maybe I'm doing something wrong as I see only the top10 laps which are not specified

(01-23-2018, 05:46 PM)Danilo Parlatano Wrote:  
(01-23-2018, 05:34 PM)Marek Vons Wrote:  Hi Danilo, its registering both race and qualifying times in there. You can see the Race times when you check the previous results in "Races" tab

Thanks Marek, maybe I'm doing something wrong as I see only the top10 laps which are not specified

ha I see now ... it's getting worse  here  Sad I need to practice more and more but Nordschleife make me really exhausted after just 4 laps , let's see what I can do
Something I've noticed is when racing online the tracks seem to have a bit more grip. I practice offline for an hour or so and try to create a decent setup if I'm not familiar with the combo. I always use 100% grip level when practicing.
As an example, today's BMW M235i at Argarve, I haven't raced on that track since the days of Race07. I only had about 20 mins practice and found it difficult to get under 2 minutes.
During the race I did a 1:57.6. Even on my second lap of the race I beat my offline record by about 1.5 seconds.
So even if you use optimum track conditions offline you'll probably be a bit faster in the server.
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this??
(01-23-2018, 06:40 PM)Gianni Gentles Wrote:  Something I've noticed is when racing online the tracks seem to have a bit more grip. I practice offline for an hour or so and try to create a decent setup if I'm not familiar with the combo. I always use 100% grip level when practicing.  
As an example, today's BMW M235i at Argarve, I haven't raced on that track since the days of Race07. I only had about 20 mins practice and found it difficult to get under 2 minutes.
During the race I did a 1:57.6. Even on my second lap of the race I beat my offline record by about 1.5 seconds.
So even if you use optimum track conditions offline you'll probably be a bit faster in the server.

Gianni, yes definitively yes , this is what I have experienced too in different circuits and what you wrote it is a confirmation of my thoughts
Andrea is fast with the M235i, it's better if you see other lap times Smile and with the huge load of incidents at North even without the fastest lap you can reach the podium.

use 100% track grip, no wind, 21c air temp , it's very similar to srs weather.
(01-23-2018, 07:21 PM)Stefano Zanella Wrote:  Andrea is fast with the M235i, it's better if you see other lap times Smile and with the huge load of incidents at North even without the fastest lap you can reach the podium.

use 100% track grip, no wind, 21c air temp , it's very similar to srs weather.

Good tip thanks a lot let's see
Ummm....Pretty sure 100% grip means 100% grip. Shouldn't matter the session as long as the temps are the same.

If that is not the case then I should be doing my hotlaps in online servers and not offline xD
(01-23-2018, 06:48 PM)Danilo Parlatano Wrote:  
(01-23-2018, 06:40 PM)Gianni Gentles Wrote:  Something I've noticed is when racing online the tracks seem to have a bit more grip. I practice offline for an hour or so and try to create a decent setup if I'm not familiar with the combo. I always use 100% grip level when practicing.  

Gianni, yes definitively yes , this is what I have experienced too in different circuits and what you wrote it is a confirmation of my thoughts

YES! YES! I always seem to pick up a 1 sec or so compared to offline( every car, every track) and i have my temps and grip same as SRS
Happening to me as well, always a little faster on SRS servers than in offline hotlap, same settings as on SRS servers. No idea why.. Big Grin
NEVER GIVE UP!