Make HeliCorsa mandatory
wow, didnt know about that rank!
a lot of work to do now lol
SURVIVING ROOKIES - Legendado PT-BR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJcb-_LcUE

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himslef."
- Ferdinand Porsche
Joao my friend:

In assetto corsa if you pass near another car, both cars go off as if you were flubber. Really bad netcode.

In AMS you can have contacts with other cars normally without bouncing off the track, and you get damage because it is a sim, not a simcade like assetto Smile

PD: I like the way you get the comments, with humor, Jim.

Cheers!
---

Automobilista Porsche Cup Champion (x2) Cool  

Automobilista Lancer RS Cup Champion Sleepy

Automobilista Mini Challenge Champion
But I have to say after experiencing the madness of contacts in iRacing, Assetto Corsa feels almost like a 100% perfect car crash simulator.

Seriously. How often my car landed on the roof after a simple rubbing wasn’t funny anymore.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(01-24-2018, 02:08 PM)João Dias Wrote:  wow, didnt know about that rank!

Rolleyes I know! I know! Impressive as fu..

(01-24-2018, 02:08 PM)João Dias Wrote:  a lot of work to do now lol

Confused Mate, you've no idea! It's a challenge just finding out what the challenges are! The hours of grind... The discipline required... But he made it! He did the 56. And that's how he got the  Angel wings . Oh, and I gave him a wee Whisky by way of apology for my earlier comment. Shh, shh, here he comes now... I like your shades, by the way. You remind me of myself back in the 80's

(01-24-2018, 02:47 PM)Juan Reinoso Wrote:  Joao my friend <hiccups>:

In assetto corsa... <I'm not sure what he's saying to João - I'm like a meercat, scanning the SRS room for trouble > ...ad netcode. <he burps>

In AMS you can have contacts with other cars normally ....<I'm thinking, where's he going with this???> ...because it is a sim, not a simcade like assetto Smile

Whoa, whoa, Juan! Step on the brakes, my man!!

I think maybe you've had one too many!! Perhaps I shouldn't have given you a big one.

I know you've been around here for a while and the local Assetto crowd are familiar with you but me and João here, well, we've just arrived. We don't want to be throwing around words like 'simcade' and the like. I mean, I said something about 'reality' and everyone went mental.

Did you hear what happened at RD when someone said 'sandbagger!'? Disastrous. Now I can't watch Martin's streams any more. And he made me feel good about myself and my poor racecraft.

How about we go and do some Time Trials? You like Time Trials, right?

(01-24-2018, 02:47 PM)Juan Reinoso Wrote:  I like the way you get the comments, with humor, Jim. <I know he's definitely drunk, now>

Thanks Juan, that's nice... <I place my arm around him and try to steer him away to the AMS lobbies before Simon arrives but I'm too late...>
I tottally support the idea. Helicorsa has saved me more than a few times from making contact with other cars, specially when they are in your blindspot. As someone said before, unless you are using VR goggles, this app compensates for the reduction in your line of sight.
It would be a very bad idea to enforce any specific app to use.

I for one use Car Radar which to me is a much superior app than helicorsa as it offers everything helicorsa offers in functionality but allows the user to completely later it's look to make it a believable part of the car's cockpit.
It doesn't look like a hovering video game HUD element - it can be made to look like a real projected hud at a lower part of your windscreen (like modern cars these days have) or a display on your dashboard.

I understand the reasoning behind wanting to enforce the use of an app like that in online racing especially as there are so many different people who might not know each other and their driving style and so many different possible sim racing setups from using a keyboard on a 13" laptop over triple screen setup rigs to VR - each with their own set of limitations in spatial awareness of the driver.

It is impossible though to enforce one specific solution to ALL users as what might work well for you may not work at all for someone else.

Be reasonable online - respect others on the track and if you or someone else does make a mistake (we ALL are), give the respective party the chance to clarify / apologize and learn from it.
If an incident happens with malicious (or suspected malicious) intent and private communication between parties does not take fruition, report it through the incident report system here and let the system deal with it.

Then you also have to know that you deal with a myriad of different characters with people from all walks of life from different countries around the world.
Some people may simply not understand or may be not willing to understand - factor that in too.
Thanks for the heads up about Car Radar! I'm going to try it first thing when I get home. It looks quite a bit nicer than Helicorsa from the screenshots, to be sure.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I don't think it is fair to enforce it, but it is soooo helpful.

It would always be great to promote the use of it. I've used it for probably 2 years now? Even though I have triple screens I still use it to see other cars in the blindspot, but I mainly have it to prevent myself from hitting anyone else that might be around.

For the people who want to 'keep it real'. I understand that slightly, but you surely have to prioritise safer racing over having a small app on the screen? I also race on iRacing mainly for league races with 55+ drivers on the grid in the same car. Yes in normal road racing you don't get a spotter, but I would be a madman to turn it off just for some extra 'realism' xD
The only thing missing (that I can tell) from Helicorsa in Car Radar is the background image. Oh, and I guess it doesn't support Minorating (but we don't get that in SRS races anyway). Other than those things, Car Radar looks amazing. It does car orientation, as well as does an accurate representation of every car you ever see on the track... and does so based on the model data it collects WHEN you drive a car! And it will color cars blue that you should let by due to blue flag.

It is astounding the stuff that some amateur developers can accomplish with Assetto Corsa's API.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Hi racers,

in another thread I asked for help, how to survive the first corner, cause in two races in Mugello I was hit in the back after the first straigth.

So I want to state, that in my opinion Helicorsa / RaceRadar an CrewChief helps a lot to avoid these unnecessary hits.

And in my opinion these apps should be a MustHave especially for the rookies.

I don´t know if this ist possible:
- SRS declares the apps to required.
- SRS system checks if the apps are installed and activated.
- If not, the driver is disallowed to start the race, or maybe another idea, has to start out of the box.

And if the racer gains a given rating-number than he will not longer be affected by this rules.

I understand that the purists dont want to use such apps. But a rookie purist is able to avoid crashes with it.
And if they are good racers, they will reach the given rating-number fast and don´t have to use it anymore.

I think we all drive a simulation, and a simulation is not able to be like the real thing in this days.
So a little help makes racing better for everyone.

If the described ideas are not welcome in the community, or the SRS-system is not able to handle it, how about this:

I guess that many racers on the servers have never heard about the mentioned apps, or they think they don´t need them.
In this thread simracingsystem describes the needed apps to participate on the SRS-servers.
http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=1538
Maybe it is a good place to suggest the mentioned apps to everyone especially the ones new to AC, SRS, or OnlineRacing.

And maybe the regulation page
http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php
and the Race or Daily Schedule page are good ideas, too.

Thanks for your time
Frank