Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make HeliCorsa mandatory
The racing would be so much cleaner and drivers wouldn't turn into your when your battling closely.
I have to admit that I am a great fan as well.
There is no way you can make it mandatory and check that people have it..
NEVER GIVE UP!
I'm not necessarily a supporter of making it mandatory. It can be immersion breaking for the 'keeping it real' fans.

If you are going to try to race as clean as possible, I think it is a no-brainer app for anyone on a single screen and it's probably just as useful on triple monitor setups as well. I would suggest if you are going to use it, there is no point hiding it away in your instrument cluster or in a corner  of your screen. Front and center is my choice. After all, it is only visible when you need it. See attached for my racing POV.

To vouch for the effectiveness of this position, I have just finished the Mazda MX5 race with a 'bunch of crazies'  Tongue and I had an apparently mediocre result, 13th - nothing unusual about that for me.... But I actually finished 6th in the points haul with an incident free race. (I now know how you did it, Alex!  Wink )

Mandatory isn't feasible, as Marek points out. But I'd certainly advocate "strongly encouraged". I too put it front and center and also disable the fade out front arc (frontfadeoutarc = 0 in the settings file) so that cars no longer disappear when they are in front of you. Without VR or triple monitors combined with some sort of head tracking, I find it a required tool for clean racing. It's one of the reasons I have hard time switching over to any other sim.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Sincerely, don´t like me this app and I never use it; requires focus on specific point of the screen to read it. That is a distraction about the general contex of the race.   Red arrows + rear mirror + right - left buttons are enough for me.
Mandatory? Absolutely not.
[Image: 635988809693892477712824169_no%20cover%20photo.jpg]

I am one of those "keep it real" folks and I dont miss this app at all. I can say that awareness, respect to the others and precaution does the exact same job. 
Also, getting used to live with incidents is also part of the learning here in my opinion. Otherwise there is a protest form...

Btw, have you ever been in a race car? It is a serious question because until I've experienced myself I couldnt believe how limited is the view inside a cockpit, and this is also something to learn to live with (the limited sight, and considering that you are trying to build some skill for real life too).
SURVIVING ROOKIES - Legendado PT-BR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LJcb-_LcUE

"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himslef."
- Ferdinand Porsche
i "love" this app, after i installed the app my incs ratio did go below 1 , before i was over 3, mostly were little contact when i was side by side.

it really helps because with a 16:10 single monitor mirrors aren't visible.

BUT it shouldn't be mandatory, anyone can do what want and what prefer, the best thing should be to make Helicorsa inside the SRS download, so when you install SRS you install Helicorsa too, but you can dedice if use it or not.

and offtopic, Ander, if you live far away from a server (ex the one located in Holland) your ping will be high, no matter which connection do you have.
(01-22-2018, 04:39 PM)João Dias Wrote:  I am one of those "keep it real" folks and I dont miss this app at all. I can say that awareness, respect to the others and precaution does the exact same job. 
Also, getting used to live with incidents is also part of the learning here in my opinion. Otherwise there is a protest form...

Btw, have you ever been in a race car? It is a serious question because until I've experienced myself I couldnt believe how limited is the view inside a cockpit, and this is also something to learn to live with (the limited sight, and considering that you are trying to build some skill for real life too).

I've been in a really fast car on a closed track. So this was without a giant helmet visor, 6 point harness and full racing seat complete with side guards, any of the netting or whatever that are modeled in a lot of the race cars in AC, etc.. All that said, the situational awareness that you get from thousands of little hints from your environment in real life simply aren't present in a simulator. Your ears are actually doing echo location with things outside the car. Your eyes are picking up the reflection and shadows of other cars and track side environment on all the dash board elements, steering wheel, etc.. Your brain takes in all of these little bits of information and gives you a fairly accurate understanding of your surroundings without actually having to turn your head and/or eyeballs to look to see if there is a car right outside. None of that is simulated at least to the degree that you can pick them up. Even in VR (maybe especially in VR since the resolution is still so low).

Real race car drivers around you can at least be trusted to maintain a consistent line, reliably brake at the right times, and not dive bomb you ever corner. In the environment that we are in, all of that cannot be assumed. I think that's what you are getting at with regards to "respect to the others and precaution"? 

People in cars in real life are much less likely to do stupid shit around you because doing so puts everyone including themselves at actual risk of bodily harm and/or death. And that's not even mentioning the fact that just being in a race car in real life on a real track means that they have invested time and money to become skilled enough that they earn a bit of respect just being there. People who paid 15 bucks for Assetto Corsa over Xmas break and made a free SRS account don't deserve that respect without earning it.

I mean, if you can negotiate all of your surroundings with your setup while having the minimum visible apps in your face, kudos to you. But you are only one half of the equation when it comes to colliding with another car. There's no telling what the other guy is doing at any given moment unless you can put your eyes on him. Somehow. Helicorsa does it brilliantly. CrewChief might be more to your liking however, since having someone barking at you that you are in the middle three wide would actually be something that might happen if you were a real race car driver and doesn't ugly up your HUD. But I find that Jim is a bit slow compared to Helicorsa. By the time I hear "on your right" it's usually too late for me to do anything about avoiding collisions if they are bombing me.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
"keep it real" folks   Exclamation

I totally agree, apps = arcade

If you are afraid of contacts you should race on automobilista
---

Automobilista Porsche Cup Champion (x2) Cool  

Automobilista Lancer RS Cup Champion Sleepy

Automobilista Mini Challenge Champion