Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
935 Moby Dick @ Le Mans This Monday
Circuit de la Sarthe with or without chicane?  I assume it will be without.
I hope it will be the layout without chicanes, it's more similar to the old one and it's awesome to unleash all the power of this beast along the Mulsanne.
no Chicanes
thanks!
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
tryed some laps and one point on this track is very bad, in nearly every lap i got cut track sign , this car is so hard to drive and on this track are some places where is asphalt and look like part of track and one wheel on this parts mean not counted lap (and didn get any advantage by go by one side os car here). the situation will be much worser withother cars on track, so big portion of luck will be needed
Totally. You get an off track so easily on this track, it feels as if France was still occupied by the Nazis.

In a race this leads to a penalty quite fast. Better do an AI race to see where you should take extra care to not "cut the track".

And for starters, the 200 signs are generally good braking points.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Oh and one quite important thing: make sure that your first gear isn’t too long!

I set my first gear too long in the last race and couldn’t get off the start properly. So make a test start to see if you can keep the revs up.
(01-15-2018, 10:05 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  Oh and one quite important thing: make sure that your first gear isn’t too long!

I set my first gear too long in the last race and couldn’t get off the start properly. So make a test start to see if you can keep the revs up.

thanks to try to help newbies of the car, with the setup too, and i add, you have to try it with Fuel for the race, because at Spa i did some start try with qualy fuel (i had a bad start at Silvestone ahah), and they were fine, with like 100lt of fuel (a Formula E fan die every time we use this car) the start was a disaster.

anyway at Le Mans you can't have a short 1st gear, if you dont want to get stuck at 310km/h at Mulsanne  Big Grin

maybe you can aid rev up with clutch, but i don't know, i don't have it.
yes, I think a clutch would negate that problem :-)
It's better to have a long 1st gear sacrificing some time loss at the start.
Remember that this car has adjustable turbo boost, so you need to select full turbo pressure (0 button).