Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rating and Server Assignment
At the start of a series, that is exactly how it works (right?). But the moment folks have points in a series, that statistic is going to have more weight in figuring out which server to put you on in later races in that series.

I would be curious what the overall feel would be if splits were entirely decided upon by rating. The downside to this, would be that server 2-5 or whatever would likely need to significantly have lower championship point values for placement since higher rated drivers are going to more likely be on a server where someone is faster than they are. And then folks with little to no rating would be on later servers and have a much better chance of a podium (and thus more championship points than they likely deserve).

I don't really pay attention to the championship points personally, but I'm sure many here do. I think I'd like it better if I was on servers with nothing but high rated drivers if only because the chances of a clean lap 1 would be much higher. Sometimes that is all I need for a race to be enjoyable for me... even if I come in dead last and spend the second half of the race dodging folks that are lapping me.

If I had my druthers the championship points would be based solely on total race time among ALL competing servers, rather than them being split. Yes, the variable of having a specific set of drivers to race against in your split means you might have a better or worse total race time, but at least then you wouldn't have to worry about what split to put people in based on past performance... you just put them on the splits based on their rating. So you might come in 23rd on server 1, but still be 23rd out of 60+ racers because you had a better time than anyone on server 2 or 3 or whatever.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz

Messages In This Thread
Rating and Server Assignment - by Ross Macfarlane - 01-02-2018, 07:47 PM
RE: Rating and Server Assignment - by Marek Vons - 01-05-2018, 09:19 PM
RE: Rating and Server Assignment - by Marek Vons - 01-07-2018, 07:54 PM
RE: Rating and Server Assignment - by Russell Sobie - 01-08-2018, 01:39 AM
RE: Rating and Server Assignment - by Marek Vons - 01-14-2018, 09:58 PM