Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rating and Server Assignment
Another issue....

Just entered a Mazda race and was put into Server 2.  I had by far enough Rating to be in Server 1 and I see some names in that server who clearly don't have enough rating to be there.

This then takes rating away from what I should be getting since I can only gain like 6 Rating points from Server 2 even with the incident free win, as well as drivers in Server 2 are having Rating taken from what they should have as we are easily able to win the Server 2 races.

Yet more time wasting with server mistakes. You guys need to step it up as my opinion of this service is dropping fast. I want my racing to be worth it and not getting randomly deleted or gaining me nothing.
Server placement is combination of series performance and rating. Performance is more important.
This is mentioned on the Regulation Page http://www.simracingsystem.com/regulation.php
Interesting.
I still maintain that this is unfair on the drivers who lose their chance at winning a race in their deserved server. Series performance really only seems more important towards the end of a series I guess.

Fair enough.
It's not fair for people who already participated in previous races of the series.
Once you score some points your global rating will have more weight in the server assignment
Performance _should_ be more important since more points = faster race times, at least typically. I think ideally we would do randomly selected servers for a qualifying round, and then have everyone split into races based solely on those qualifying times... but my guess is that that isn't at all feasible with AC (or any other sim?). So participation it is!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
Yes true as well. I can understand it being the way it is with a linear Rating gain, i.e. Last in Server 1 gains Rating greater than First in Server 2.

My point was that there are 3 groups being affected by this.
A, drivers promoted into Server 1 who are almost certain to finish near the back.
B, drivers in Server 2 who could be winning a race but are prevented.
C, drivers in Server 2 who can win by 20+ seconds and should be in Server 1 but are stuck.

I think my encounter with this was a slight anomaly as there were two 600+ rated drivers in a Server 2 split with drivers of much lower rating.

Now I fully know how it works I will be a little less confused if it happens again.
Well, on sunday i will do my first races this season and i expect to be on server 2 Big Grin
NEVER GIVE UP!
As I watched todays registrations, maybe it really should be switched the other way, that rating would be more important than previous series results. Like this, it just put the driver with 17 rating in front of driver with 650 rating etc., like this, the fair driving people are in lower splits, and maybe some rookies can be in split 1 and then it is a mess... just my suggestion. Or maybe some better combination of previous results and rating than this one right now.But like I said, just my suggestion
NEVER GIVE UP!
Surely the best way to do this and how I thought it worked, is the highest global rating (raced more SRS races no matter what series) be put together and the lower rankings fill the gaps or on 2nd Server, as they are the drivers that have put in the time and effort.

I.e - if there was over 30 drivers reg and I had rating of 100, I would not expect to be in server 1
At the start of a series, that is exactly how it works (right?). But the moment folks have points in a series, that statistic is going to have more weight in figuring out which server to put you on in later races in that series.

I would be curious what the overall feel would be if splits were entirely decided upon by rating. The downside to this, would be that server 2-5 or whatever would likely need to significantly have lower championship point values for placement since higher rated drivers are going to more likely be on a server where someone is faster than they are. And then folks with little to no rating would be on later servers and have a much better chance of a podium (and thus more championship points than they likely deserve).

I don't really pay attention to the championship points personally, but I'm sure many here do. I think I'd like it better if I was on servers with nothing but high rated drivers if only because the chances of a clean lap 1 would be much higher. Sometimes that is all I need for a race to be enjoyable for me... even if I come in dead last and spend the second half of the race dodging folks that are lapping me.

If I had my druthers the championship points would be based solely on total race time among ALL competing servers, rather than them being split. Yes, the variable of having a specific set of drivers to race against in your split means you might have a better or worse total race time, but at least then you wouldn't have to worry about what split to put people in based on past performance... you just put them on the splits based on their rating. So you might come in 23rd on server 1, but still be 23rd out of 60+ racers because you had a better time than anyone on server 2 or 3 or whatever.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz