Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Assetto Corsa - Application Stopped Working
I've just encountered a bug with the Assetto Corsa plugin. I ran a KTM race, and when it was over I clicked the power button to exit back to the menu. However, it showed a loading screen and hung for a while displaying something like "waiting for car list". After a few seconds a dialog box popped up saying "acs_x86.exe has stopped working". I clicked ok and was dropped back into the menu as normal.

Then I registered for a GT2 race and ran some offline practice without issue. When it was time for the race I clicked join. It showed the loading screen and started loading cars, but again I got the message "acs_x86.exe has stopped working" and was dropped back to the menu. I tried one more time with the same result. I then tried to exit Assetto Corsa and try again, but by the time I got back to the menu it no longer showed the GT2 race (I guess you can't join once qualifying begins).

Any suggestions to avoid this in the future? If you're wondering, I'm forcing it to use the 32-bit executable because there is a bug in the 64-bit exe where racing against AI causes performance to tank (40 fps in 64-bit, 100+ fps in 32-bit).
if you are registered you can always search for th server on the lobby
simracingsystem

regarding the other issues, perhaps an integrity check, just in case
(05-07-2016, 10:19 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  if you are registered you can always search for th server on the lobby
simracingsystem
Thanks, I didn't know that was possible. One thing I notice looking at those lobbies is that one of the GT2 cars is DLC and I don't have it. Would that be why it crashed?
yep, without the content, you cant enter
(05-07-2016, 11:02 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  yep, without the content, you cant enter

Ok. It would probably be good if that was stated in the details for the series, since the app allows you to register and join even if you don't have the content.