Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ping
High ping isn’t necessarily a problem anyways, AC’s netcode is pretty solid in that regard.

It’s only a problem when the ping jumps up and down all the time, like it was with this guy yesterday (at the end of the race when I looked again he was at 50).
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(12-04-2017, 06:01 PM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  High ping isn’t necessarily a problem anyways, AC’s netcode is pretty solid in that regard.

It’s only a problem when the ping jumps up and down all the time, like it was with this guy yesterday (at the end of the race when I looked again he was at 50).

Thats a common problem if people start downloading something in a middle of a race.
Sometimes Windows does that, if you have automatic updates... But these cases are rare and next race are gone.

I totally agree servers should run the app (if is not a problem to implement), sometimes is impossible not to get rammed when you are alongside someone.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads...gin.17667/

i just got wiped by a laging car from a Laurie Longman, i assume new zealand, most public servers already use a plugin to ensure a limit ping of 300, he had 350+ , perhaps its time to control some pings ? Basically that app kicks people from server when they pass a set threshold before they destroy a race...

https://youtu.be/5LoW4TfyKfE
(08-08-2019, 11:35 PM)Lino Carreira Wrote:  https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads...gin.17667/

i just got wiped by a laging car from a Laurie Longman, i assume new zealand, most public servers already use a plugin to ensure a limit ping of 300, he had 350+ , perhaps its time to control some pings ? Basically that app kicks people from server when they pass a set threshold before they destroy a race...

https://youtu.be/5LoW4TfyKfE

Yeh there was another guy in that race that you called out in chat as well that has been in a couple races and everytime at every corner his cars goes into space and randomly reappears on the track.

This was couple days ago, was bored so download a video editor and made little movie :-p
https://streamable.com/pq46x
I don't know if it was a my problem or if it was a server one, but in a race did around 2 months ago (Mini Challenge at Donington) i've got a "freeze" and 2-3 seconds later i saw my car spinning on the grass because someone finished under me Huh
And i want to say if i'm the only who before the start (from the change of session to the start of the race) have the ping over 300-400, but after it goes down to normal levels (around 50-70)
Many seem to experience freezes lately, last times on the Nord i even died in quali because of a big one, many other tracks had some as well and the whole races were generally choppy. I thought it was on my end but apparently not the only one. I wonder what can cause this.
In-game stutter or freezes are not related to ping. 

In my experience most stuttering issues in AC are caused by 3rd party apps, some older version of SOL weather app especially was causing big stuttering.
Windows 10 updates have caused these problems for me on several occasions and not just on line. These days, I always check updates when I start the pc each day and those problems have all but disappeared. Also, there have been Windows 10 updates that break some of the Windows Store apps (that no one really wants or needs or asked for!). Windows keep trying to start the broken apps and writes files to the temp folder by the thousands. It filled up my hard drive the first time before I figured out why my PC was so sluggish. This happened two separate times and had to be fixed by deleting those apps. Lately, I have only experienced momentary freezes maybe once every couple of weeks and for maybe 1 second. No issue with that usually.
Like Mateo, I am from Argentina and my ping is always around 250. 
In a race with the Audi TT, someone mentioned that we were many with high ping, but I never had complaints after a race. 
Likewise if there is any way to lower it that is not moving to Europe, I would love to know.
(08-14-2019, 07:55 PM)Nico Mollica Wrote:  Like Mateo, I am from Argentina and my ping is always around 250. 
In a race with the Audi TT, someone mentioned that we were many with high ping, but I never had complaints after a race. 
Likewise if there is any way to lower it that is not moving to Europe, I would love to know.

High ping is not the issue, but bad internet is, like in the in video i posted above. Having stable high ping without any packetloss is fine and shouldnt cause any issues. But i have seen people like the guy in my video with ping jumping from 250 to 1000+ come and race, and several times his internet was so bad he was flying out of every corner like in the video and returned 1-2 sec later randomly on track again.