Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longer pause times for longer race events
(12-03-2017, 11:50 PM)Stefano Zanella Wrote:  i'm for the 1-2-3 minutes more of pause too

for everything Javier's said and final setup changes too, because  the offline practice temps are different to the srs server temps, so in qualy you will see change on tyres temps, and they will make the car feels different, so you will need some setup changes, set up the fuel and pit stop..  

for the longer races, i'm not 100% with you javier, because who will race in those races need 2 days with free time on the established times.. maybe someone sign on it for the qualy, then he can't do the race, or join race without quali time..

but some special event would be nice (an add to the championship) like marek said, multiclass races and i think a special event for every series would be great, that's my idea:

because most of the times on the single races, after first lap, the distances between players are very high , because of the huge differences of skills, doesn't make the race very enjoyable, so it will be nice to have a top standing racing event for every series, where top 23/46/69 (3 servers) on standing can battle together without  the "102 points in mind" but for win the event (needs a new column near champ)

that will make more people play on daily series too, because if they reach top 23/46/69 they can join the special event,  this because most series after the first week already have a winner, and sometimes the top 2-3 on standing have the same points.. so anyone under top 3 after first week already know that will not win anything, and race less,  if he is good enough, he will race only races where he can win easily.

i say this because the most enjoyable races i had (at lest for me) were the weekly races (Group C, but  even the 3/week classic F1 and daily 1h races are nice) because there are always nice battles, everyone is near because the skil difference isn't huge.
yesterday I was thinking about the championship system in daily series as well, and I came to an suggestion (but I was afraid to write it here, because people would hate me again Big Grin ), that maybe it would be good to remove the championship standings for daily series (this season it is Tatuus, Abarth and Ginetta) and leave these series for the people just to gain the rating and make you better driver, better in fighting, racing with other people, get you ready for other series. The race results, the incidents, the rating would count into the whole rating system, but it wouldn´t count to the championship system, because I see that some people (I´ll be honest, me too sometimes before) are just too much into the championship standings, and during the last days, it didnt´t really make my mood better about racing here. I don´t know if people would like this suggestion. Maybe as you said + combinated with my idea would be ok = leave these daily series only to gain rating etc. and then once a week have in the same series one race (event) which would count into the championship.

The other series, which are being raced once a week would stay same like now, normal championship, also the 1hr races would stay like that.

I don´t know how you others will feel about this idea, but see, it´s coming from a guy who is now in the first positions of these championships, so that could be a good sign (don´t think that I just want to show off now, just saying. I don´t need to win those championships, I just like to race in these series)
NEVER GIVE UP!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Longer pause times for longer race events - by Marek Vons - 12-04-2017, 07:36 AM