Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longer pause times for longer race events
I had yesterday my second long race (one hour) since in SRS. It was GT3 in La Sarthre, and I loved it even though I was a the very back since it was my first time in the circuit. Everything worked out beautifully and I had a great time. The only thing I can think of that would have made it more pleasant is the suggestion that I bring to the forum.

I am used to 20 minute races. Pace is fast. Practice, then quali then race. There's like no pause between the first two and a minute pause between the last two. I'm usually ok with that, altough an extra minute before race would be appreciated to cool down a bit and maybe go to the bathroom. Alright.

Now for such a longer event, I missed longer pauses. The qualification alone is like a 20 minute race. Then we sprung to the race with just a minute pause. I'm asked to hold my pee for almost one hour and a half. I can do that, but I cannot enjoy a race in which my bladder is full at minute 25. Maybe that's why about 25% of the grid dropped off at some time!

It's not just about peeing, I know there are other things in life, like streching legs and resting eyes and breathing some fresh air.

So, if these events are longer, let us make pauses longer. Since we race for three times longer, how about a three times longer pre-race pause, like 3 minutes? Like that I can go to the bathroom, close my eyes for a moment and chill out before the race, maybe even pull my pants out my butt-cheeks...

So there, food for thought with nice imaginery   ;-)

And on the same thread but on other dimension, I just thought it would be awesome to have weekend events, like practice on friday, qualy on saturday and the race on sunday, with maybe even longer times. I don't know if that would be technically feasible, recording times/positions from one event to the other and feeding them back into the system, but may be a very interesting challenge and would be something absolutely glorious to race.

Once again, thanks for SRS and the great work.

Kind regards,

Javier
Both suggestions sounds great, +1 from my side. Also, are there multi-class events possible? I mean, in the game they are possible, but would it be possible here? Multiclass registration and championships, like some Le Mans series with LMP, GT2, maybe GT4, where LMP would be possible lets say for guys with 700+ rating, GT2 for 400+ to 500+ and the GT4 for the 200+ or less, I think that would be great experience
NEVER GIVE UP!
i'm for the 1-2-3 minutes more of pause too

for everything Javier's said and final setup changes too, because the offline practice temps are different to the srs server temps, so in qualy you will see change on tyres temps, and they will make the car feels different, so you will need some setup changes, set up the fuel and pit stop..

for the longer races, i'm not 100% with you javier, because who will race in those races need 2 days with free time on the established times.. maybe someone sign on it for the qualy, then he can't do the race, or join race without quali time..

but some special event would be nice (an add to the championship) like marek said, multiclass races and i think a special event for every series would be great, that's my idea:

because most of the times on the single races, after first lap, the distances between players are very high , because of the huge differences of skills, doesn't make the race very enjoyable, so it will be nice to have a top standing racing event for every series, where top 23/46/69 (3 servers) on standing can battle together without the "102 points in mind" but for win the event (needs a new column near champ)

that will make more people play on daily series too, because if they reach top 23/46/69 they can join the special event, this because most series after the first week already have a winner, and sometimes the top 2-3 on standing have the same points.. so anyone under top 3 after first week already know that will not win anything, and race less, if he is good enough, he will race only races where he can win easily.

i say this because the most enjoyable races i had (at lest for me) were the weekly races (Group C, but even the 3/week classic F1 and daily 1h races are nice) because there are always nice battles, everyone is near because the skil difference isn't huge.
(12-03-2017, 11:50 PM)Stefano Zanella Wrote:  i'm for the 1-2-3 minutes more of pause too

for everything Javier's said and final setup changes too, because  the offline practice temps are different to the srs server temps, so in qualy you will see change on tyres temps, and they will make the car feels different, so you will need some setup changes, set up the fuel and pit stop..  

for the longer races, i'm not 100% with you javier, because who will race in those races need 2 days with free time on the established times.. maybe someone sign on it for the qualy, then he can't do the race, or join race without quali time..

but some special event would be nice (an add to the championship) like marek said, multiclass races and i think a special event for every series would be great, that's my idea:

because most of the times on the single races, after first lap, the distances between players are very high , because of the huge differences of skills, doesn't make the race very enjoyable, so it will be nice to have a top standing racing event for every series, where top 23/46/69 (3 servers) on standing can battle together without  the "102 points in mind" but for win the event (needs a new column near champ)

that will make more people play on daily series too, because if they reach top 23/46/69 they can join the special event,  this because most series after the first week already have a winner, and sometimes the top 2-3 on standing have the same points.. so anyone under top 3 after first week already know that will not win anything, and race less,  if he is good enough, he will race only races where he can win easily.

i say this because the most enjoyable races i had (at lest for me) were the weekly races (Group C, but  even the 3/week classic F1 and daily 1h races are nice) because there are always nice battles, everyone is near because the skil difference isn't huge.
yesterday I was thinking about the championship system in daily series as well, and I came to an suggestion (but I was afraid to write it here, because people would hate me again Big Grin ), that maybe it would be good to remove the championship standings for daily series (this season it is Tatuus, Abarth and Ginetta) and leave these series for the people just to gain the rating and make you better driver, better in fighting, racing with other people, get you ready for other series. The race results, the incidents, the rating would count into the whole rating system, but it wouldn´t count to the championship system, because I see that some people (I´ll be honest, me too sometimes before) are just too much into the championship standings, and during the last days, it didnt´t really make my mood better about racing here. I don´t know if people would like this suggestion. Maybe as you said + combinated with my idea would be ok = leave these daily series only to gain rating etc. and then once a week have in the same series one race (event) which would count into the championship.

The other series, which are being raced once a week would stay same like now, normal championship, also the 1hr races would stay like that.

I don´t know how you others will feel about this idea, but see, it´s coming from a guy who is now in the first positions of these championships, so that could be a good sign (don´t think that I just want to show off now, just saying. I don´t need to win those championships, I just like to race in these series)
NEVER GIVE UP!
(12-04-2017, 07:36 AM)Marek Vons Wrote:  
(12-03-2017, 11:50 PM)Stefano Zanella Wrote:  i'm for the 1-2-3 minutes more of pause too

for everything Javier's said and final setup changes too, because  the offline practice temps are different to the srs server temps, so in qualy you will see change on tyres temps, and they will make the car feels different, so you will need some setup changes, set up the fuel and pit stop..  

because most of the times on the single races, after first lap, the distances between players are very high , because of the huge differences of skills, doesn't make the race very enjoyable, so it will be nice to have a top standing racing event for every series, where top 23/46/69 (3 servers) on standing can battle together without  the "102 points in mind" but for win the event (needs a new column near champ)

that will make more people play on daily series too, because if they reach top 23/46/69 they can join the special event,  this because most series after the first week already have a winner, and sometimes the top 2-3 on standing have the same points.. so anyone under top 3 after first week already know that will not win anything, and race less,  if he is good enough, he will race only races where he can win easily.

i say this because the most enjoyable races i had (at lest for me) were the weekly races (Group C, but  even the 3/week classic F1 and daily 1h races are nice) because there are always nice battles, everyone is near because the skil difference isn't huge.
yesterday I was thinking about the championship system in daily series as well, and I came to an suggestion (but I was afraid to write it here, because people would hate me again Big Grin ), that maybe it would be good to remove the championship standings for daily series (this season it is Tatuus, Abarth and Ginetta) and leave these series for the people just to gain the rating and make you better driver, better in fighting, racing with other people, get you ready for other series. The race results, the incidents, the rating would count into the whole rating system, but it wouldn´t count to the championship system, because I see that some people (I´ll be honest, me too sometimes before) are just too much into the championship standings, and during the last days, it didnt´t really make my mood better about racing here. I don´t know if people would like this suggestion. Maybe as you said + combinated with my idea would be ok = leave these daily series only to gain rating etc. and then once a week have in the same series one race (event) which would count into the championship.

The other series, which are being raced once a week would stay same like now, normal championship, also the 1hr races would stay like that.

I don´t know how you others will feel about this idea, but see, it´s coming from a guy who is now in the first positions of these championships, so that could be a good sign (don´t think that I just want to show off now, just saying. I don´t need to win those championships, I just like to race in these series)

I'm with you! Also I think we lack of at least one fixed serie for newbies and begginners. I would love Tatuus will be there, also It would be better with no DLC content.  The idea is doing something similar to iRacing Mazda cup. Driving always with the same cars and in the same circuits helps youto get trained, even if you miss a whole season, you still have previous training.

This way, even when you don't have enough time to drive everyday, you can have some decent competitive races in any moment of the day Using always same tracks and cars, make easy for people find and create content (recorded races, setups, videos, tutorials, etc...) that begginers can use to compete in only few hours. The idea of getting this serie out of the championships make a lot of sense as Stefano explained. And I would like even harder penalties for incidents, to make even more emphasis on having clean races.

Its only my opinion, but anyone more agree? Does SRS admins have any opinion?

Greetings and thanks everybody. Love SRS!
David
They could also give us the opportunity to decide if we want to take part in a championship or just race for rating in this series at the beginning of a new season. But then there could be incidents where someone who is fighting for the championship gets bumped off track by someone who isn't. Just an idea...
But I think it would be better solution as suggested above. daily series just for rating and weekly series for championships!
i agree, in part, we need a compromise, remove champioship will make the races funnier, but less populated too (i think) because everyone wanna have a change to win something, it's a part of the races, but as they are now, there is only 1 possibile result : win without incident, any other result is useless, and make some people leave after the first corner, or 2 laps, just to not be penalized on the ranking, the top standing events can make any result to be good and makes people wanna fight for every position, with less incident possibile, because that will make you lose point for standing, and if you leave after few laps, your ranking will not be ruined (there are a lot of reason to leave a race) but you will have 0 point on standing, only who finish the race will have point.

the top 1-2-3 position on standing will be a just a stupid show off of who can win more (as it's now) but other places will have a sense too.

and a cup can be good too, just for improve skills and have fun.
i dont think it would make races less populated, as of now, in some championships, only few drivers have full points, and that is only after 2 tracks of 6, so I dont think that most of the people are driving for the championship points. And also, besides the number of championships in your profile, you are not getting more points to your rating or something, so its not really needed. And, I think that most of the people cant drive every track of the season during those 6 weeks, or they just dont want to race every day, or they are not addicted as we others.. Big Grin and there are also things like family, girlfriends and stuff, but ok that doesnt belong here, just wanted to say, that if this would be implemented and the championships would be only in the weekly races, people can choose which one they like and want to race in, and which one they want to miss and they can do some other stuff during the evening
NEVER GIVE UP!
that's true, but those people will join anyway with or without champ, so doesn't make any difference, it's just to make the point system to have a sense (now doesn't in hourly series).

the biggest thing are the final races, where aliens (like you) can fight all togheter at the same time, and "normal people" can fight against normal people to win the normal people event Smile

it's just to incentivate who is very competitive in mind, but for some reason, lack of time for practice, bad wheel and pedals (try a 180 degrees wheel without ffb, or old logitech pedals and then you will know why i wrote that) , didn't like some track of the championish, missed races etc to have a change to win the final event.

will make the site have a bit more visits (so ads income) because more people will watch the standing results..

anyway even what you wrote, it's right, it's just as it's now that's wrong, any improvement is good.
It probably makes even more sense, when few guys from top of the standings of daily series share the same opinion about it here (Tobias, me, etc.)
NEVER GIVE UP!