Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Config Wizard not picking up rFactor2
Hi guys,

Love the idea behind what you are building here and am looking forward to its evolution. 

I have the 4 sims that are supported by the client  and on first launch the config wizards picks up 3 (GCSE, rFactor and ASRX) but does not appear to "see" rFactor2. I have checked (checkboxes) the 3 that it saw and pointed the client to all three .exe files but am curious as to why it did not detect rFactor2. 

I'm using the standalone version of rFactor2 (i.e. not Steam) and I may have installed it in a non standard location (c:\games\rFactor2). Although I have rFactor in the exact same folder and it got detected just fine. 

The username I see inside rFactor2 has the same name as my username here at SimRacingSystems but the folder structure does appear generic and does not bear my name (c:\games\rFactor2\userdata\player). 

Any idea why?

Thank you!

Sebastien
Hi Sebastien,

I removed the rF2 option for the time being because there was a bug that ruined the experience...
The client auto updates, so as soon as this bug is fixed by ISI (could be next rF2 build) i'll add again the option and rF2 series to the list.

(02-06-2016, 05:36 PM)Sebastien Lessard Wrote:  Hi guys,

Love the idea behind what you are building here and am looking forward to its evolution. 

I have the 4 sims that are supported by the client  and on first launch the config wizards picks up 3 (GCSE, rFactor and ASRX) but does not appear to "see" rFactor2. I have checked (checkboxes) the 3 that it saw and pointed the client to all three .exe files but am curious as to why it did not detect rFactor2. 

I'm using the standalone version of rFactor2 (i.e. not Steam) and I may have installed it in a non standard location (c:\games\rFactor2). Although I have rFactor in the exact same folder and it got detected just fine. 

The username I see inside rFactor2 has the same name as my username here at SimRacingSystems but the folder structure does appear generic and does not bear my name (c:\games\rFactor2\userdata\player). 

Any idea why?

Thank you!

Sebastien
Thanks for the quick reply and follow up! Much appreciated. 

Sebastien
Hi, i can see rF2 races in the page but not in the client to add.
Regards, Javier.
Hi Javier,

We have been testing rf2.

I'll release the 1.12 version of the client software this week, and one of the changes is the rF2 option.
hi,
i am trying to add rf2 to the client app, but on the looking window, it says rfactor.exe, not rfactor2.exe ? help appreciated.....
i'm using V1.135
cheers
For rF2, you should point to the launch rFactor.exe file on the launcher folder.
re so I installed the software clien rf2 it and yes I have found a correct profile and no I is not against anti virus I have a 64bit win while the SRS is 32-bit and is rf2 also in 64 bit? I attached a picture you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

the software being 32bits makes no difference
(05-04-2016, 07:52 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  the software being 32bits makes no difference

pouvez vous me comfirmer le chemin d'instalation de srs  :"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sim Racing System\srs.exe"? car j'avais srs instalé dans "C" mais pas dans Program Files (x86) merci d'avance .