Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BoP
Hello
In the dtm series, if I read correctly, the cars were equaled by the Bop
Am I wrong or does this not happen in the Gt3 series? 
If the answer is yes, why? 
Thank you
Emanuele
Hi Emanuele, you are right, dtm are BOPed but not GT3. I guess due to the fact that they are more equaled than the dtm ones.

(02-03-2023, 11:40 AM)Emanuele Calarco Wrote:  Hello
Thank you
Emanuele
[quote pid='50785' dateline='1675685374']
Juan AlberdiHi Emanuele, you are right, dtm are BOPed but not GT3. I guess due to the fact that they are more equaled than the dtm ones.

[quote pid='50783' dateline='1675424414']
Emanuele CalarcoHello
Thank you
Emanuele
[/quote]

[/quote]
i don't know what range there is but some seem to have more advantages than others
for ex:porsche 2,51kg/hp lambo 2,07 kg/hp
just to understand...i'm always slow anyway  Big Grin
Hi Emanuele!

If you want to pick up one of the more competitive cars, pick McLaren 650s or BMW, Lambo might work on very fast tracks, and Ferrari has been used to win a championship recently. Haven't seen much of success with the other cars in recent series'.
very fast driver keep using mclaren, pretty sure they can still be fast with another car.
and when server have many driver, half of field using mclaren.
im not say its bad, they have a right to pick any car they want
but that also give impression mclaren is OP compared to other car.
From my (small) experience in GT3, Mclaren is fast, good handling, and quite "easy" to drive, very forgiving with mistakes, so goes well in almost all tracks.

Z4 even easier to handle, really good on braking, but not so fast. Anyway good compromise.

Lamborghini really fast, tons of raw power, but no so good handling. Strugles on corners. Unbeatable in tracks with long straights like Monza or Paul Ricard.

Porsche is a car I like a lot, but difficult to get good compromise on tire management and not so easy to drive because its "funny back"

Have not tried others. Ferrari seems good car as it has been used by really fast drivers, which includes you, Emanuele.
Personally I use the Ferrari because it is the one with which I feel better even if it is one of those that has an unfavorable weight / power ratio.
My doubt comes from the fact that in the real championships the BoP is the same for everyone.
Also, if I start with a car, I should do the whole championship with that and not choose it based on the track...
It is true that if I am a fast driver, I am with any car but in this way it does not seem so fair.
The Nissan, for example, has over 600 hp and on the straight it is a lightning bolt, like the lambo..
In my opinion, this should be reviewed
Thanks for giving me the fast rider but I don't think I am... I still have so much to learn
Feel free to change the car as many times as you like! There could be advantage to pick some car for some track but personally I find it better to stick to a car and try to find a nice setup for it. Setting up the car doesn't necessarily give you huge amounts of absolute speed but can make the car a lot easier to drive.
I always use ferrari
My thought is that I don't think it's right to change cars during a championship and that all should have the same performance since some cars also have 100hp more
I tried the Merc a while back, just to drive something different, but I was still around 0.5 seconds off pace. Maybe with more practice and setup, I could be faster, but overall I think it will be slower (especially high downforce tracks). The Porsche is quite fast, but also at least 0.2-0.5 seconds off, and it's tricky to drive. Overall, the McLaren and Ferrari (maybe Z4) will be fighting for wins (+Lambo on fast tracks). BOP really needs to be adjusted. But since Kunos is done with AC, BOP would need to be adjusted by SRS. If you just want to drive your favorite car, or you're not driving to win, it doesn't matter. But these days, with so few drivers participating, you can probably win in any car...