Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Divebomb
Hello everyone
I'm relatively new in SIM racing. Can you make me understand the true meaning of the term 'divebomb' ?
Thank you
Emanuele
IMO
dive bomb is a racing slang and refers
to the attempt to pass a car by breaking extremly late, that late that
- they wont make the corner in a proper way
- they will cross the racing line of the car infront.
More often than not, the late breaking will result in locked wheels and sliding in the car that turns infront.
In general, the front wheels of the passing car should be at least at the height of the back wheels of the car infront, at the moment the cars turn in for a corner. In that case the passing attempt is legit and both drivers should be prepared to go 2-wide in a corner, therefore leave enough space for the other.

An epic dive bomb can be seen at Monza T1 where people 3+ carlenths behind will dive in on the inside, lose control and scoop up multiple cars infront of them bc "there was an opening"
[i]Hit the apex,  goddamnit![/i]
Ok thanks for your reply..
But if I am next to the other car and force the braking going slightly long leaning on the car I'm trying to overtake?
(01-14-2023, 04:12 PM)Emanuele Calarco Wrote:  Ok thanks for your reply..
But if I am next to the other car and force the braking going slightly long leaning on the car I'm trying to overtake?
if you are side by side before braking point (or turning point if no brake needed) its not really a dive i guess
(01-14-2023, 10:59 PM)Handy Hanafiah Wrote:  
(01-14-2023, 04:12 PM)Emanuele Calarco Wrote:  Ok grazie per la risposta..
Ma se sono vicino all'altra macchina e forzo la frenata andando un po' a lungo appoggiandomi alla macchina sto provando a sorpassare?
se sei fianco a fianco prima del punto di frenata (o del punto di svolta se non è necessario il freno) non è proprio un tuffo, immagino
Thank you
Each case is different
I was accused by the same person twice of having made an incorrect maneuver but in both cases I came out better from the previous corner managing to flank. QThis thing of overtaking with zero contacts is a bit absurd
(01-14-2023, 04:12 PM)Emanuele Calarco Wrote:  Ok thanks for your reply..

I am not sure what tou mean by "leaning"... If you mean lean into the other car in order to break, then obviously no, you dont use other cars to break or make the corner.
"I was next to him" is not conclusive. The question is when were you next to him? If it was at the breaking or turning point then everything is ok. 
"i was breaking slighlty long..." as said you have to give enough space for the other car to survive.... breaking "slightly" long can mean that you probably force him way out of a normal 2-wide line.
'Leaning' maybe It's not the exact term... This is the situation: We are paired, we brake and I can't catch the apex well, I touch the opponent forcing him to widen the trajectory
(01-16-2023, 06:16 PM)Emanuele Calarco Wrote:  'Leaning' maybe It's not the exact term... This is the situation: We are paired, we brake and I can't catch the apex well, I touch the opponent forcing him to widen the trajectory
If you were alongside going into the braking zone, then it wasn't a divebomb. If you had no overlap then that's a textbook divebomb.

Regardless, you failed to control your car and your opponent suffered for it. When I did that, I gave the position back since I came out ahead due to my error.
(01-16-2023, 06:16 PM)Emanuele Calarco Wrote:  'Leaning' maybe It's not the exact term... This is the situation: We are paired, we brake and I can't catch the apex well, I touch the opponent forcing him to widen the trajectory
I agree with Martin. As you said, you failed to hit the appex and forced your opponent wide and even touched him. To give the position back is the right thing.
The driver that tries to overtake  has the main responsibility to execute the move in a safe and clean manner (that doesnt mean that the other driver has no responsibilities at all).
this is my suspension notice
[Image: db.png]

what actually happen is
guy infront go wide and since there's opening i try to pass him from inside, but incident happen because that guy is close that opening when our door is already side by side (i keep my line)

even tho i got suspend for 'divebomb' reason that i deny, i still respect the decision
but my point is, every person may have different perspective to divebomb.

and if you get reported, camera angle might be influential. (i think this one is my case)