Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
False start
Hi everyone.
Today, the car was starting at my side suddenly disappeared. I though that his connection failed but on the replay I saw that his car was teleported to the pits.Then I could see that he jump started.
This is not very realistic, is it?.... Why no other penalties?
i think its safer to send driver who jump start to the pit
if there's a troll driver he may ruin somebody race by hitting other driver (i've seen this on public lobby).
yes its depends on the track but probably sending to the pit and given waiting time VS drive through penalty had same duration.
For jump start, you get teleported to pits and 17 second or so wait penalty. It's not realistic but good way to prevent someone unintentionally (or intentionally) ruining other people's race starts by crashing into them. It's a fair penalty as you're far behind everyone else if you jump.
I have also experienced in the past people jump-start from the back of the grid, get a drive-through (the original penalty) and come back out of the pits ahead of the lead group. Although not realistic, it is a more effective punishment in the SIM world
I had a jump start on Monday due to a clutch malfunction (calibrated badly so when I touched the gas in 1st I started rolling). It was a drive through penalty, not a teleport. So either there's an extra "teleport to pits" penalty if you don't immediately stop (like I did), or someone actually used the Teleport To Pits functionality that you can bind to a button if you use Content Manager. I've done that from time to time when I want to race, qualified okay, but didn't want to be a part of the opening madness not being 100% confident with my skills for the car/track combo due to little to no practice*.

No, it's not realistic, but I'm fairly sure in the real world you can choose to start from the pits if you desire for the same reason? If someone does that and exits the pit well in front of where they qualified, that'd be grounds for a protest.

*I'm fairly confident in my abilities to join a race I'm not 100% practiced on because I drive a lot of different cars and know most of the tracks used here on SRS. If you aren't so confident, practice before joining multiplayer races until you are!
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
I just think that teleport to pits is not realistic and will totally ruin a race for sure. I don't know if there is a way of split this false start in a time interval. If you start as soon as the game lets you and you gain 2 or 3 seconds, the drivethrough can be enough or not, depending on track. But if you start half of a second before you will also ruin your race, having to make a drivethroug in the first laps. But loosing some positions is very different from starting from the pits... and even worst if you get controls locked for 17 seconds, like Ilmari Ylitalo says. If I ever get that, I will start from pits, complete the 2 laps that I have to complete to avoid ranking penalisation and will leave the race.
A drivethrough or even stoping in the pits would at least leave you in the middle of other cars, unless you were already in the back of the grid.

The perfect solution would be to not allow a false start until 1 second before light go out or a hybrid solution of penalisation which would be worst if you false start a lot earlier and not so bad when you false start just for a few miliseconds.

I understand when you say that this will stop those idiots from jump start and hit other cars. But there are also protests and bans for those idiots! I never saw that in the few races I made in SRS. Maybe in public servers this is common...

For me, it would be more realistic and more competitive to have drivethrough. And those few tracks where that could be an advantage, could have stop in pits or teleport to pits. How many tracks do you know where a drivethrough is actually faster than keeping in the track? I don't think there is one.
And probably when you see people going ahed and make the drivethrough and still be in front is because they gain advantage in those 2 or 3 laps before making the drivethrouhg. I find it hard that a driver from the back of the grid (which should be slower than the ones in the front...) could still be in front of a faster driver after drivethrough on most of the tracks.

But this is the rule and we race with the rules that are written. I haven't false start, and unitl now I just have to benefited from it. Yesterday, I saw at least 2 other drives disappearing from the grid in Branchs Hatch with the Porsche Cup. 2 places won before start! But, if it was with me, I would quit race.