Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion About Minimum Race Participant and Point System
First of all i want to thank to SRS, a man/team behind it i considered you guys as a god. and also thanks to all of the community member for providing clean and fair race service.
Secondly, im sorry for my broken english.
Third, i never posting something like this before so im sorry again if its hard to understand.

now to the point
i have a suggestion about minimal participant to make the race official and also a points we can earn from the race.
i make this because im sad seeing some race are skiped or count as not official due lack of participant (GT America).

and here is my suggestion
  1. Make Two driver is enough to make the race official.
    To make it fair between driver who race at full server (participant) and driver who race at most minimum participant i make suggestion number 2.

2. Make the point system where you can get more point from more participant on the race.
  • lets say the server capacity is 18, make this amount as "Participant Bonus Points"
  • point for the first place is 84
  • if  both added, maximum point you can get (from full server) is still same as today (102)
Example one: only 2 driver registered.
i win the race
i get 84 from race position
also i get 2 point from participant bonus point
i didnt hit anyone or any wall so im free from penalty reduction
so my total point i get is 86.

Example two: full server (again, lets say max capacity of 1 server is 18 drivers)
I win the race *i know its imposible for me to do this, this is only my dream and use it as example*
I get 84 from "race position"
also i get 18 point from "participant bonus points"
I didnt hit anyone or any wall either on this race so im free again from penalty reduction
so my total point is 102.

Thats all i want to say
I hope SRS team or a man behind it can understand what i mean or even better if someone can explain it better than me.
I also hope that other community member can critic this or added something to this.

Thank you.
Something like giving out points based on Field Strength/opponent skill level iRacing style (this is vaguely similar to that) or based on car count like this isn't an inherently bad idea other than the fact for weekly series it would be quite limiting on what time zones people would be able to win championships out of.

There's certainly some regional car count variation to the racing on SRS and people from North America or Asia Major just flat out not being able to compete because their splits aren't full due to a system like this would surely leave a bad impression with them, I'd imagine.

I can also imagine the opportunity for exploitation with this being quite high. There's already some tryhard daily series competitors on SRS that "Snipe" signing up for races to try and ensure nobody who they're afraid of being competitive will show up to stack their easy 5 wins. What happens when they now know points are going to be based on participation? Will this change that behavior? Not likely. They'd probably just wait until the last possible moment to always sign up for the largest possible race, and now instead of trying to snipe a race with 6 opponents last minute for minimum points paying car count; they're just going to only participate in splits with 10-15-20 or whatever their critical points number is. That means fewer races going official as people who care about stats and champ points attempt to snipe race entries with only their personal required minimum number of cars.

This may be worth looking into if the car count wasn't struggling in general right now. I also doubt the points system will change majorly in terms of actual positional payout any time soon. But anything that splits up/incentivizes/segments any further grids that are already struggling for car count right now REALLY doesn't seem like a good idea.
My IRL autocross club uses a system where the winner of the event always gets 1000 points, the last-place driver gets 200 points (just for showing up and participating), and everyone in between is distributed evenly based on their best time compared to the winner. So if there are three people very close at the top of the order they might get 1000, 996, 985 points, whereas if the winner is much better than second place then the top positions might be 1000, 920, 865, etc.

A similar (but much simpler) system based on finishing order (rather than time) might work here, while still making a win worth top points.

But as Ted said, there are already a lot of improvements in the works, and adding another points overhaul to that might be a step too far in the near future. Big Grin
⌈ zerøbandwidth autosports ⌋
https://twitch.tv/zer0bandwidth
https://youtube.com/c/zerobandwidth
i understood what you guys mean... as expected from real racing driver.

my only hope while making this is to make every race count even tho there's only small number participant in it.

im sure you understand how i feel Pasha, we often registered the race far far away before race suppose to be, seeing only you and me who only registered and race didnt happen because of that is what i dont want..
The points system is a weak point anyway. I guess only the weekly series are interesting. And if they drop the incident point system, would make things even better. It's best to go for the race success then for a whole championship when you do the daily races.

I'm also curious what improvements are being worked on?
I'm not allowed to disclose nor discuss specifics of the coming improvements to SRS; but there are some potential future updates coming that may potentially solve some issues that have been complained about in the Suggestion box for awhile now.

Enrique is listening and working on the whole service as only 1 man. Progress simply takes a great amount of time. Have patience, it will be rewarded eventually.
(11-30-2021, 01:02 AM)Ted Hough Wrote:  I'm not allowed to disclose nor discuss specifics of the coming improvements to SRS; but there are some potential future updates coming that may potentially solve some issues that have been complained about in the Suggestion box for awhile now.

Enrique is listening and working on the whole service as only 1 man. Progress simply takes a great amount of time. Have patience, it will be rewarded eventually.
sounds great
just to be clear tho, im not have any complain, my post is just pure suggestion. and im not blaming srs for a series that had lack of participant, its more like timezone fault.