Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GP3 Algarve
Hey folks, know were all a competitive bunch here but really needing some tuning tips with the GP3 car on the Algarve circuit. Back end seems to snap on me no matter how i tune it to my usual setup(s). Any hints on how to reduce the sudden oversteer into the sharp corners? Not asking for any setups by numbers but just an idea on how to reduce the snap oversteer or where is best to start.

Appreciate it Big Grin
Hey. As with any other car, start by locking the diff and softening the rear.
Driving-wise, trail braking is crucial, try giving it a tiny amount of throttle when you feel like the car's about to spin mid corner.
Hope that helps.
(08-07-2021, 08:45 PM)Hey Roman, cheers for the advice. Tried it this afternoon and got a bit of mixed results. Seems to be easier to recover from when it does lose it but especially when coming into the hairpin at turn 5 its like driving on glass! Seems to be when I come off the brake and balance the throttle the back end just swings round. So odd that its this one corner - end up having to take it like a granny and end up losing 0.5 - 1 second just in this corner. Rest of the lap is not too bad.Roman Smirnov Wrote:  Hey. As with any other car, start by locking the diff and softening the rear.
Driving-wise, trail braking is crucial, try giving it a tiny amount of throttle when you feel like the car's about to spin mid corner.
Hope that helps.
Steer as little as possible, brake deep, spend minimum time coasting and gradually get on power as soon as possible. Optimum line through hairpins is a V.
I spun in that hairpin many times, for me it's due to carrying too much speed, then midcorner understeer turns into exit oversteer and goodbye rear. This car doesn't like slow corners even with a decent setup, it's always on the edge.
Also watch tyre temps, don't use S at Algarve and take it real slow on outlaps.
Cheers mate, just got to know how to drive it. Good race earlier (1700 GMT) you just buggered off into the sunset. I forgot to turn my settings down for the online race and was stuck at like 25 FPS xD

Hopefully see you at my home GP at silverstone this week Big Grin 

GG
(08-08-2021, 05:58 PM)Craig Robertson Wrote:  Hopefully see you at my home GP at silverstone this week Big Grin

Absolutely. Here's an onboard for inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_8DNmK1_JY