Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server connection issues
I did my first two races today and suffice to say they did not go too well.  The first one was ok, but a guy was teleporting around the track and ended up in my side, completely pitting me off the track.  He was unaffected of course.  That wasn't so bad since I don't claim to be fast and I don't mind being in the back.
However on the next race right as the lights went out the whole field of cars disappeared right before my eyes.  I was confused for a moment before they popped back into existence but it was too late.  It was a shit show.  Collisions happened.  I pulled off and quit.
Am I the one lagging here, or is this just a somewhat common thing?  This was on Pragas at Spa in the afternoon and evening.  Sorry to anyone I caused problems for in that second race: I literally had no idea where anyone was until it was far too late.
You just had bad luck twice in row.

Of course sometimes there are people with a bad connection who teleport around, sadly there isn't much to do about that. But it's quite rare at SRS.

The start problem is a known bug in AC. And again it happens very rarely, like in 3% of the races. If it happens to you, just drive off in a straight line and hope for the best.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
Ah, ok. Everything definitely clears up after the starts, but sometimes the cars seem a little jiggly up to that first turn or two. I guess I'll try not to be directly behind people at the start just in case.
If you continuously experience other cars lagging/teleporting, the issue might be your connection. Taken, all other cars seem laggy. Single car teleporting means only he/she has bad connection. And like Simon said, the start bug with the whole grid disappearing for seconds may happen sometimes but is quite rare.