Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F1 1970s (Ferrari vs. Lotus) - 2021 Edition
So SRS is running a championship that uses the Ferrari 312T and the Lotus 72D again, two iconic cars from the early to mid 70s era of F1. These are brilliant cars to drive and can lead to really fun and tense racing so long as people remain respectful of each other. I'm hoping to do some of the races this season, which should be easier than last time since these races will be run 3 times a week (Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 19:00 UTC). I only got to do three of the weeks last time, and in the one at Fuji I bottled the win because I underfueled the car and crashed in panic when I realised I wasn't going to make it, that one still hurts. I've been making videos and streaming on Youtube a bit recently, so I hope to stream these races when I partake in them, I'll be sure to throw a link in the reply messages and in the SRS discord each time I do.

Simon Meisinger made a great thread in the Race Discussion page for the 2020 edition of the championship, where he gave some helpful info on expected pace and setups. He also created a thread on the Setups page, where you can find setups for the car there. I'll link those two threads below and also link the page with the results from the races in that championship, which will be helpful to see the expected pace and number of laps on the 3 tracks that are being used again (Silverstone 1967, Bridgehampton and Imola).

Race Discussion: F1 1970s (Ferrari vs. Lotus) - 2020 Edition: https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=9499
Setups: https://www.simracingsystem.com/showthre...2#pid42042
Results from the 2020 Championship: https://www.simracingsystem.com/myracess...d=pLO3rMuX
I did not notice new thread for these cars, i am pretty sure it will be as good as last time, these cars kinda do great racing Smile
I might make it to one or two races and maybe steal some points and ruin somebody else's championship Big Grin

have fun guys
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
How can be so hot in Silverstone, the wetter for first race was nowhere near realistic Smile
Link to my livestream for tonight: https://youtu.be/fMST6rfq6tc

I probably won't spam this forum each week with a link to my livestream, but I said I'll do it for the first one so you'll know where my channel is for those interested. I will throw a link each week in the SRS discord just before I go live, as a little reminder. I intend on doing the Saturday race each week, so if you are doing nothing those days and want to watch the race, don't be afraid to pop in and say hi.
that will be hard to watch and drive in vr at the same time Smile
well technically iam dead and also a race winner lolSmile
Looking forward to tomorrow's race. I did some practice there this evening, man is the 60s Watkins Track tough to get a handle on. A bumpy, narrow road and deadly curbs is one spicy combo in these cars. I'll be sweating buckets in the race I reckon. I hadn't driven this track before but I have drive plenty of Sergio Loro's other tracks. I adore the detail he puts in them, they look so good.
no surprise there jim, after you get used to vr its impossible to drive on screen, it makes me feel very sick very fast and it feels super unreal like the screen has negative curvature lol, and all is broken, distances, braking points everything Smile

anyway this was the most insane race i have ever driven
but what most drivers showed today is realy tragical, i am very upset after today race, lapeed cars messed the race a lot , blocking in corners, spinning and crashing into lapping cars , worse than on many public servers, special action, drive from pits in lap 2 and block leaders