Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reasonable lap time with Lada
Hi,

I'm new to Assetto Corsa and the SRS system.
I'm thinking of taking part in the Lada league which is tomorrow.
my best lap time is about 1.44, what is a reasonable lap time at the ahevenisto60 with the Lada/

Cheers , Gur
I can't answer the question in particular but in general you'll be competitive at SRS when you can keep up with the AI at 100%. Meaning you probably end up in the top five when you're also able to keep the car on track.
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
(05-19-2021, 07:26 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  I can't answer the question in particular but in general you're be competitive at SRS when you can keep up with the AI at 100%. Meaning you probably end up in the top five when you're also able to keep the car on track.
Thank you for the answer but there are people here that compete in the league with the Lada, so there is time to beat, and i need to know if Im near that time.

Cheers, Gur
(05-18-2021, 08:10 PM)Gur Kazir Wrote:  Hi,

my best lap time is about 1.44, what is a reasonable lap time at the ahevenisto60 with the Lada/

Cheers , Gur
Hi Gur,
well if i was to bet, i would say you are about 5seconds off pace.
I havent trained the track with the Lada (and have less than 100laps at Ahevisto in general), i am slower than Captain Slow and with training at Silverstone was more than 2 sec off pace. Now i have a PB at Ahevisto at 1.41.1 and wont race (i expect the championship leaders at 1.38 and lower).
Simon is right, if you can be competitive at 100% AI, you can hope for a Top10 finish, that is if you can deliver.
This applies for Kunos tracks though, the AI on non Kunos tracks is often questionable. With the Lada the AI uses the stock gear box, so fe at Silverstone you can pulverize it, just because you out accelarate them on the straights.
Since you are new you will be probably be in Tier 2 for the race (Ahevisto has only 18 boxes) and since it is a narrow track you maybe be in an inferno race.
In general i would recomment to start with daily series. You can easily find the track best time and you know in advance where you will be at the race. To snatch a win, you need to be within 1sec of track best and this applies also for the less crowded races. And again: you have to deliver.
But even if you are 3 or more sec of pace, you can still race, make progress and train vital skills.Just dont try to race people that are significantly faster, its pointless and most likely you will ruin yours and theirs race.
See, there are no Ayrtons here and the main reason why people are faster is the time and effort they put in.
If you respect that, they will respect you.
Cheers
[i]Hit the apex,  goddamnit![/i]
(05-19-2021, 01:57 PM)Nicolas Bournias Wrote:   
i expect the championship leaders at 1.38 and lower 
[i]Hit the apex,  goddamnit![/i]
(05-19-2021, 01:57 PM)Nicolas Bournias Wrote:  
(05-18-2021, 08:10 PM)Gur Kazir Wrote:  Hi,

Cheers , Gur
Hi Gur,
well if i was to bet, i would say you are about 5seconds off pace.
I havent trained the track with the Lada (and have less than 100laps at Ahevisto in general), i am slower than Captain Slow and with training at Silverstone was more than 2 sec off pace. Now i have a PB at Ahevisto at 1.41.1 and wont race (i expect the championship leaders at 1.38 and lower).
Simon is right, if you can be competitive at 100% AI, you can hope for a Top10 finish, that is if you can deliver.
This applies for Kunos tracks though, the AI on non Kunos tracks is often questionable. With the Lada the AI uses the stock gear box, so fe at Silverstone you can pulverize it, just because you out accelarate them on the straights.
Since you are new you will be probably be in Tier 2 for the race (Ahevisto has only 18 boxes) and since it is a narrow track you maybe be in an inferno race.
In general i would recomment to start with daily series. You can easily find the track best time and you know in advance where you will be at the race. To snatch a win, you need to be within 1sec of track best and this applies also for the less crowded races. And again: you have to deliver.
But even if you are 3 or more sec of pace, you can still race, make progress and train vital skills.Just dont try to race people that are significantly faster, its pointless and most likely you will ruin yours and theirs race.
See, there are no Ayrtons here and the main reason why people are faster is the time and effort they put in.
If you respect that, they will respect you.
Cheers
Thank you very much for the answers it is most helpful.