Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
great Idea
Great Idea having the SRS loved the thought of it . 

But after trying it for a few races , sorry but the driving level in the races just suck , it just worst than a pick up server . 
I wish all the best with this great app , and hope the driving level improves, but for me sadly it back to club races only .
Hi Trevor,
Although I have to sadly agree with you in general, there are races which tend to be better for more skilful drivers. Give the Lotus 98T race a shot. They are extremely difficult to master, so many people are not competitive and don't bother entering. This leaves a better class of drivers who are skilful, fair and know the racing etiquette.
Hope to see you on track.
Regards -- Joe.
(08-12-2017, 05:41 PM)Joe Blow Wrote:  Hi Trevor,
...so many people are not competitive and don't bother entering.  This leaves a better class of drivers who are skilful, fair and know the racing etiquette.... 

Regards -- Joe.
No offense. I tried that car, its not that bad to drive, problem for me is the time of races, Im not gonna waste my weekends evenings for that, so Im giving a try in the other championships. Fairness and etiquette, they dont depend on the series, they depend on people who are racing.

So, Trevor, yeah.. but maybe that happened because as you are starting, you dont have the highest rating and experience in series, so you were being put to lower servers like server 3 or even server 4 and thats where people with low ratings, low skill, or starters are racing
NEVER GIVE UP!
Lotus 98T race is 1 hour before the GT3 euro, which you seemed to find time to waste in.
True racers will always have true racing etiquette. Gamers on the other hand will simply not understand that. They will just look for corners to cut and get away with it, try to block, nudge, ram, spoil, get from last place to front of the pack in the first bend, drive off gleefully after knocking someone off track without waiting for the guy to get back on track and giving him the place back, without an apology after the race when it was clearly their mistake.
It's a shame a newcomer wants to leave SRS because of the quality of the drivers here. I aim to support SRS in promoting clean, fair, competitive racing.
-- Joe.
Good to know that you know when I probably came home Big Grin but I came homw like 20 mins before the gt3 race + in lotus i cant find for the champ anymore so im not gonna get into it and maybe take the points from others this late, if they need them.

But, if I would be in your position (leading only this championship and getting beaten in other champs), i would be the same and i would be talking that these series are the beste and you see the best drivers and etiquette! Smile
NEVER GIVE UP!
(08-12-2017, 05:41 PM)Joe Blow Wrote:  Give the Lotus 98T race a shot.  They are extremely difficult to master, so many people are not competitive and don't bother entering.  This leaves a better class of drivers who are skilful, fair and know the racing etiquette.

I have to disagree. For me Lotus 98T is the worst because there are not enough participants which leads to huge skill gaps.
Fastest drivers are 25% faster than last drivers, you end up with tons of blue flags and incidents.
In my humble opinion, this race should be restricted to higher ratings, or racers should be split on 4 servers no matter the participants (I prefer to race with 6 people of similar skill).
(08-13-2017, 07:57 PM)Antoine Jacquet Wrote:  
(08-12-2017, 05:41 PM)Joe Blow Wrote:  Give the Lotus 98T race a shot.  They are extremely difficult to master, so many people are not competitive and don't bother entering.  This leaves a better class of drivers who are skilful, fair and know the racing etiquette.

I have to disagree. For me Lotus 98T is the worst because there are not enough participants which leads to huge skill gaps.
Fastest drivers are 25% faster than last drivers, you end up with tons of blue flags and incidents.
In my humble opinion, this race should be restricted to higher ratings, or racers should be split on 4 servers no matter the participants (I prefer to race with 6 people of similar skill).

I get where you are coming from Antoine... I watched your race earlier on the live feed, there were a few newer drivers who couldn't handle the vicious turbo of the 98T, causing havoc.  But those drivers either learn quickly, or never bother racing again in the series.  You did really well to pull it back to 4th earlier on in this evenings race.  Yesterday was similar for me... I couldn't get a decent quali lap in because of traffic, then got tangled up and dropped to about 12th place... took me 7 laps until I had a clear track... then it was fun, but scary, working my way through until I finally finished in 2nd place.  I think a lot of the problems arise because of the default setup.... I've shared my setup with quite a few guys who seemed to be struggling, so next time they might be a bit safer on track.

-- Joe.
(08-13-2017, 11:55 PM)Joe Blow Wrote:  I get where you are coming from Antoine... I watched your race earlier on the live feed, there were a few newer drivers who couldn't handle the vicious turbo of the 98T, causing havoc.  But those drivers either learn quickly, or never bother racing again in the series.  You did really well to pull it back to 4th earlier on in this evenings race.  Yesterday was similar for me... I couldn't get a decent quali lap in because of traffic, then got tangled up and dropped to about 12th place... took me 7 laps until I had a clear track... then it was fun, but scary, working my way through until I finally finished in 2nd place.  I think a lot of the problems arise because of the default setup.... I've shared my setup with quite a few guys who seemed to be struggling, so next time they might be a bit safer on track.

-- Joe.

Haha just to be clear I am not blaming the other drivers, I know this car is a beast to drive, and I got a reminder when I lost it at the start all by myself :-)
But in other series when you qualify in the top, you (usually) fight against clean drivers and do not outlap too many slower drivers.
In the Lotus 98T it's another story, you have to slalom between the blue flags and this makes the race pretty random...
Judging by the number of incidents other drivers got, I suppose I am not the only one having this problem ;-)
was entertaining watching the replay of last night's 98T race Big Grin

and the turbo is pretty easy to tame if you make the gearing longer.
ok
took some advice , chilled , ran some few races .
sorry for what is about to come

this lot are bunch of use fucking noobs , they should not be allowed to race fucking anywhere !!
you spend a couple of hours of your life working out a track car combo , then fucking assholes jump in with I have to guess no fucking spotter .device what so ever .
let alone the assholes who over drive the car ,
then theirs those that think your car is brake buffer

I ran all different cars and tracks and sad to say did not find any where these assholes don't live !
my hat goes off to the guys at SRS for the work they did to try and bring life in to AC
but fuck it I gonna go use pick races , at least you expect noobs in there .

Have fun all