Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spotlight On... Interviews with SRS racers - Season 2 (8/1)
Hi all guys,
The first interview of the new year is now online thanks to Gerbrandt van der Merwe:
https://www.4funsimracing.com/2021/01/07...der-merwe/
Enjoy the reading!
Gianluca
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.
Tell you what i'm so glad you interviewed this guy!

The last few weeks a few of us at TPCSimRacing have just been casually chatting about you, especially track manners!

Every time we come across you on track you always go out of your way to let faster cars through. You don't always have to dive off track for others though.

We did think how are you having fun just driving around at the back but it now makes sense. Fun is key <3

It's been great to watch your progress. I remember up until a few weeks ago in 20 minute races you were being lapped. It was so nice in the gt4 Silverstone i think to see you finish on the lead lap. I remember how good that felt, for me it was like winning.

Congratulations on your first win too.
Shaun Clarke Racing (Previously TPCSimRacing) driver and painter.
https://www.facebook.com/PlankLiveries
Never give up. You deserve to reach the best achievements! More wins to come!
Shaun Clarke Racing team.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXFr32FURbIpcY7IAMUaO7A
Awesome interview. I remember having a frustrating race in the Estonia 25 at NJMP. There were large differences in pace as a good setup helped take 3 seconds off my time with that car, so the field became quite chaotic and I had to deal with a lot of traffic who who weren't obeying blue flags. There was one major exception and that was Gerbrandt. I watched his race through the replay, and saw that he always moved out of the way to let the drivers lapping him go by with no issue. On the other hand, there were other drivers getting lapped but raced with the leaders into the corners resulting in a crash. Meanwhile Gebrandt came on through safely a few seconds later and moved up some positions, this happened multiple times in that race. It really stood out to me and he had quite a good result in that race if I remember correctly. I was incredibly pleased as he more then deserved it that race. Even though he isn't the quickest of drivers, I always enjoy seeing him on the track as he is respectful of others.

Oh and if you read this Gebrandt, like Michael said you don't have to go off track to let other drivers by. We can mange fine as long as you stick to a lane, we can easily navigate around you and trust you since you are so respectful. As much as you don't like to cost me time, I don't want to cause you to lose too much time either. I hope you continue to improve and we can have some great races in the future.
Awesome, really enjoyed it.

"The car I race is the car that must take me home after the race" is a great mentality to have even in the virtual racing world.
Another fantastic Interview.
Congrat with Gerbrand. Very very correct pilot an exemple for all.

Stefano
Fiat Uno is a legend!
It's nice to see you on the streams, Brandt, I hope to get some practice and race with you sooner than later!
Fun and a sense of responsibility. Really a great attitude, we all have a lot to learn from your attitude, you have shown that we can be great drivers without necessarily always being among the fastest, thank you!
www.4funsimracing.com
great interview from SA, i have to say i strongly agree with non consequence racing with low damager settings, it should be as real as possible that means any contact can be problematic with bad outcomes for the car and any heavier crash = race over, ideal would be ripped off wheels and wings flying trough the air, parts of cars shattered all around and some random component failures, too bad its not possible in assetto corsa Smile
(01-08-2021, 01:42 PM)Michal Ringes Wrote:  great interview from SA, i have to say i strongly agree with non consequence racing with low damager settings, it should be as real as possible that means any contact can be problematic with bad outcomes for the car and any heavier crash =  race over, ideal would be ripped off wheels and wings flying trough the air, parts of cars shattered all around and some random component failures, too bad its not possible in assetto corsa  Smile
That's why Omer Kinay sometimes plays Wreckfest online Big Grin
I survived lap 1. Now I can deal with anything in life.