Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punishment for involuntary disconnect
It happens to all of us: internet drops, PC freezes, graphic card overheats and one cannot complete the necessary two laps.
On top of the frustration of not being able to race, we are harshly punished by the system. At my current level, getting back what I lost in rating for today's PC freeze (thank you latest version of CSP!) will take about 10 podium positions with 0 incidents. It's a LOT of work to mend a problem I did not create in the first place. And that does not include the ulcer I got for the rage of this happening...
The eternal question - which I am sure has been asked many times - is WHY?
How does my disconnecting negatively affect the others in the race? If anything, it is an advantage to have one less competitor. Disconnecting early one is sure to end up last, and lose points/rating anyway. Is this not enough of a punishment?
Is this done to discourage people for "causally" registering for races and then disconnecting? Let's get real, please. First, it is rare to see a full server 1, and even rarer to see a well-populated server 2. People on server 3 is exceptional. Conclusion: on the beautiful SRS system there is ample space for everybody. And, I really cannot think of anybody voluntarily registering for a race and then walking away. ESPECIALLY in the case of people with hundreds of races under the bonnet. If this happens, it can only be very rare and therefore not a problem.
The question remains - why such harsh punishment?
Respectfully, and always appreciative of the great service we get for free.
Pete

Messages In This Thread
Punishment for involuntary disconnect - by Pete Parisetti - 02-05-2020, 01:15 PM