Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Championship skill divisions
So, this is just a thought. I'm not saying that this should be a thing, cause i don't know if it would work.
But. 

What if there was a extra championship with divisions. 
Like the soccer leagues system.

Keep everything like it is now but add this new one. I love the system and love to race egainst aliens and learn with them. So i don't want to change anything. 

How many people make a few races and leave cause they end up  last most of the times? How many drop in the middle of the races cause they lost control and they will never be able to catch up? 

With the exemple of the soccer, now we have Bradford City against Chelsea, cause all the teams play agains each other in the same tournament, and that can be a bit unbalanced.

So, the idea was to have a championship with divisions, like Premiere League, League 1, League 2, etc.

I think it could be very competitive cause drivers of the same level (more or less) would be racing together.
In the end of the championship, x drivers would move up, and x drivers would move down the corresponding league.

So aliens would be racing and competing against aliens and snails against snails. 
Aliens would be relegated to snails and snails would became aliens in a more competitive way. 

Not only people would be competing to win their leagues but also noving up a league. 

Now the top drivers race more scattered. Rarely you have a server with only the top 20 of a championship standing. With this, they would race together more. 

This brings some problems. 
The number of drivers would be much reduced each race. 
Yes, so maybe reducing the number of races  per day or even per week would narrow their choices in the calendar and bring them together more.
Like league races we all know. Most of them only race once a week and they have full lobbies in a much narrower player base. 
Like 6 or 8 races a week or less with 2 or 3 each day for the time zones. 

Another problem is the league choice. 
I don't know  if using a registering system for the first championship and using only the rating system to make the leagues would be good enough. 
Maybe it is. 
Or having a small championship with registering, specifically for league positioning. 

For instance, if you grab the standings of the Assetto Corsa MX5 Cup and divide that table in groups of 16 20 or 25, you would have already 4 or 5 well balanced in skill leagues with people who race regularly. 

Maybe also shortening the championship lenghts, with 4 weeks to make the leagues more alive. 

New members would register and be put in the last league and if no room, no luck and wait to have enough people to create a new bottom league. 

This could make races in this championship more epic, more competitive, with more action. 

But it could be a flop also haha so it needed to be tested.

Messages In This Thread
Championship skill divisions - by Andre F Ribeiro - 11-30-2019, 02:04 PM
RE: Championship skill divisions - by Igor Relja - 12-01-2019, 11:55 AM
RE: Championship skill divisions - by Kees Post - 12-01-2019, 08:10 PM