Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Championship skill divisions
So, this is just a thought. I'm not saying that this should be a thing, cause i don't know if it would work.
But. 

What if there was a extra championship with divisions. 
Like the soccer leagues system.

Keep everything like it is now but add this new one. I love the system and love to race egainst aliens and learn with them. So i don't want to change anything. 

How many people make a few races and leave cause they end up  last most of the times? How many drop in the middle of the races cause they lost control and they will never be able to catch up? 

With the exemple of the soccer, now we have Bradford City against Chelsea, cause all the teams play agains each other in the same tournament, and that can be a bit unbalanced.

So, the idea was to have a championship with divisions, like Premiere League, League 1, League 2, etc.

I think it could be very competitive cause drivers of the same level (more or less) would be racing together.
In the end of the championship, x drivers would move up, and x drivers would move down the corresponding league.

So aliens would be racing and competing against aliens and snails against snails. 
Aliens would be relegated to snails and snails would became aliens in a more competitive way. 

Not only people would be competing to win their leagues but also noving up a league. 

Now the top drivers race more scattered. Rarely you have a server with only the top 20 of a championship standing. With this, they would race together more. 

This brings some problems. 
The number of drivers would be much reduced each race. 
Yes, so maybe reducing the number of races  per day or even per week would narrow their choices in the calendar and bring them together more.
Like league races we all know. Most of them only race once a week and they have full lobbies in a much narrower player base. 
Like 6 or 8 races a week or less with 2 or 3 each day for the time zones. 

Another problem is the league choice. 
I don't know  if using a registering system for the first championship and using only the rating system to make the leagues would be good enough. 
Maybe it is. 
Or having a small championship with registering, specifically for league positioning. 

For instance, if you grab the standings of the Assetto Corsa MX5 Cup and divide that table in groups of 16 20 or 25, you would have already 4 or 5 well balanced in skill leagues with people who race regularly. 

Maybe also shortening the championship lenghts, with 4 weeks to make the leagues more alive. 

New members would register and be put in the last league and if no room, no luck and wait to have enough people to create a new bottom league. 

This could make races in this championship more epic, more competitive, with more action. 

But it could be a flop also haha so it needed to be tested.
There's a recent thread similar to yours.

http://www.simracingsystem.com/showthread.php?tid=7307

A mix of this could be great: leagues and a "trusted drivers league"

Maybe a test season made of just 1 or 2 championships in future to see how it goes could be nice
Similar, the club could be similar as the first division, but instead of votes, you would earn your place in there by racing.

Like that, anyone could race for that first division/ gentlemen club and then you would still have the other lower clubs. Division 2 etc.

If division 1 has the same tracks and cars in the championship as the other divisions? That had to be decided by the admin.
ha, what a nice coincident that we have a similar idea at the same time Big Grin

The problem I see is that we have so many different series here on SRS (which at itself is a very good thing) and not everyone is interested in the same stuff.

Like driver A finishes third in a Group C series, while driver B finishes second in a GT3 series. Both are good drivers and should be in the "Premier League".

But what happens when they both join a Lotus 25 series where they're both four seconds off pace, while others who are slow in Group C and GT3 are much faster?
Amazing list of awesome achievements: 5th Lotus 25 2018, 4th DRM 2019, 5th Williams FW14 vs. Ferrari 643 2019, 3rd Ferrari 312T vs. Lotus 72D 2020
EZ, just make Race of Champions style event/series. It can run parallel with "normal" events, maybe give it a slot once per week. Just instead of tracks changing every week, the cars would change too.

Top 5 or whatever from regular series get an invite to ROC's next season, and maybe high finishing drivers from ROC itself. And then you have one week a cup car on track that it suits, week after open wheeler, week 3 GT and so on.
Sure but that would require a certain day and time disclosed beforehand. Else you'll be racing +- 10 people depending on the depth of the 'league/club/division'. Would be nice if SRS got a feature for it, but to me it sounds a lot like AC racing leagues that are already around.
(12-01-2019, 09:25 AM)Simon Meisinger Wrote:  The problem I see is that we have so many different series here on SRS (which at itself is a very good thing) and not everyone is interested in the same stuff.

Like driver A finishes third in a Group C series, while driver B finishes second in a GT3 series. Both are good drivers and should be in the "Premier League".

But what happens when they both join a Lotus 25 series where they're both four seconds off pace, while others who are slow in Group C and GT3 are much faster?

The interest in some series or the lack of it, might be a problem. 
But with shorten cmapionships, it could be more pleasent to make a not so desiravle championship. 

Also if the first one became viable with a lot of people, more championships could come with different types of cars/tracks. 

The premiere league and the rest of the league would be filled by the placement in the standings grid of a short championship only. Like 3 or 4 week races. 

I gave the mx5 cup standings grid as exemple. 

The top 20 are the fastest. They would go to the premiere league. 
From 21 to 41 would go to the secound league. 
Etc

But this championship would be happening with neon warnings that it would be for the leagues placements. 
Also a registering process would be nice to make sure that the attendants knew what they are goint to sign to. 

(12-01-2019, 11:55 AM)Igor Relja Wrote:  EZ, just make Race of Champions style event/series. It can run parallel with "normal" events, maybe give it a slot once per week. Just instead of tracks changing every week, the cars would change too.

Top 5 or whatever from regular series get an invite to ROC's next season, and maybe high finishing drivers from ROC itself. And then you have one week a cup car on track that it suits, week after open wheeler, week 3 GT and so on.

If you shorten the cups, i think people would stick to it even if they are so interested in the cup. The same happens in the orher online/discord/facebook leagues. 

(12-01-2019, 08:10 PM)Kees Post Wrote:  Sure but that would require a certain day and time disclosed beforehand. Else you'll be racing +- 10 people depending on the depth of the 'league/club/division'.  Would be nice if SRS got a feature for it, but to me it sounds a lot like AC racing leagues that are already around.

Yes, the amount of races per day/week would have to ne reduced and narrowed, bit still accessible to all people arround the world. 

And yes its similar to the leagues we have arround, burt the big difference is the player base. 
The mx5 cup has 1300+ drivers that at least entered in one race. 

We have the platform already. 
And the pebalty system to be a wrecker works and no one likes dirty people in the lobbies.
Also for me, leagues have a problem. 
Hours. Most of the leagues in my time zone start at 8 pm. I'm arriving at home from work at that time. 
With this system sim racing system have, anyone can race in most of the championships. 

Now most of those who entered in one race and got last and they got in 1200 place in the standings grid and gave up, could have a chace in a 20 people grid with similar skill level. 

I saw a similar system like this for a league of time attack. 
There were a few tracks for a few weeks, the total of times were grouped and people would go up or down the league. It worked quite well. It was ps4 based and after i moved to PC. :p

And the fact that you're battling for a position in a 20 people grid, even if its on a bottom skill level division, makes it more competitive and more appealing when conpeting for a place on a division for every skill level in here. 

A driver that stays in 80th place in the current euro cup, races every race to win, but knows the he is not battling for the top 10 in a 500 people grid. 

But put him in the division 8, with the same tracks and same cars and the people in the 75th, 76th, 78th, place, etc, in a group of 20 and he will not only try to win every race, but also win to make a good placement in his division. Also pushing him self. 

If this system succeed it could have more championships and people couls choose the preferred one. 

But attention, i do not want to replace the current cups. I'm a division 15 guy XD but i also love to race with all the aliens in server 1 and get destroyed by them and learn with them.