Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Ping / Packet loss thoughts
After the summer break i when back to racing on my favorite platform and realized something after i had a race where i had a bad ping due to network problems of my provider of 180ms instead of 22-30. The race was held in silverstone with the praga R1 and a car in front of me braked a little bit on a spot you normally wont, due to my bad ping i had no chance of avoiding slamming into his rear as he just appeared in front of me. That made me realize that on several race starts there has been some strange incidents happened to me (when my ping was 22ms) of somebody slamming right into me from behind when i had a bad start. The worst incident was on Tor Poznan with the Mini when a car just warped in and out of existence parked on the grid and me and others where confronted with a roadblock we couldn't avoid. My car was damaged beyond repair and the race was over. Even if the car in front of you is just warping a little bit you better not try to race close to him, because contact with uncertain outcome is likely. Without this high ping related problems, racing is pretty clean here. I would go so far that the majority of frustrating moments in the tracks in srs are ping / packet loss related especially in the first lap.

Is there a ping limit in place? Is there a method to detect warping racers with packet loss / inconsistent ping? Is there a timeout limit, since the warping car on the grid did not move for approximately 2 minutes? Would a rolling start work if this option exists?

Either way still the best place to race in AC thanks for that.

ps.: please chill in the first lap with the 3 wide corner situations Wink

Messages In This Thread
High Ping / Packet loss thoughts - by Christoph Löblich - 09-10-2019, 08:06 AM