Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with (or prevent) being involved in other peoples' accidents?
(08-15-2019, 02:33 PM)Pasha Paterson Wrote:  The three-point penalty for car contact in terms of championship points is designed to be severe. One tiny bumper-to-bumper touch can cost you more than losing a position. If you care about points, then go ahead and sacrifice a position to stay clean. You might find that you finish in the standings ahead of the car who passed you on track.

You will still find people who don't care about anything or anyone, and think they are playing the first GranTurismo where your "fast line" was to divebomb the AI car, bounce off, and keep going. (That's not SRS's fault; those people are everywhere.) But if you avoid causing incidents yourself, you can minimize your penalty points and finish well in the standings over time.

Hmm, that's an interesting perspective... I didn't even know simple paint-trades detracted from your championship points. I didn't have enough time to actively work towards championship points because I could never participate frequently, but now that I do have the time and do want to battle for top 10 in the championship standings, I will take that into account. Thanks for pointing it out!

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you deal with (or prevent) being involved in other peoples' accidents? - by Nick Catsoudas - 08-15-2019, 04:07 PM