Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you deal with (or prevent) being involved in other peoples' accidents?
Yes, if someone was on your rear bumper then even lifting could have caused a crash between you and P10. No good solution, I am afraid.

I have also admit that I myself was once in a crash similar to the 7&8th crash you described. We went into Blanchimont side by side - well that's what happens, we are racers and we don't like backing off ;-). I was on the inside, I did tap my brakes and still went wide (no downforce on these cars), the outside guy did not tap his brakes and went super wide. I mean, I was within the green strip on the outside, he was all the way out on the black shoulder.

It might have ended well but he was slightly ahead on the exit (because he did not brake at all), I guess he thought that he was all the way in front of me, and he turned hard back onto the track while there was still overlap between us. Of course that resulted in a big crash, involving me out of control traversing the track (partially my fault here, after the crash he was sideways blocking me, I was desperately trying to somehow get through and power-spun on the grass, rookie mistakeĀ  Blush). Fortunately there was no one behind us so we only harmed ourselves.

Because he turned back onto the track while there was overlap (and he did not have to, we still had a lot of hard shoulder in front of us to sort it out), I reported him but it was deemed a racing incident. I still have the video, but I won't post it here because it shows his name and would violate the "do not discuss specific incidents" rule. (if you want to see it for any reason, feel free to PM me)

Messages In This Thread
RE: How do you deal with (or prevent) being involved in other peoples' accidents? - by Pawel Kusmierek - 08-12-2019, 03:49 AM