Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Global Rating Position #300, without a single win
Thanks for sharing your story Pete, it was a nice read. I think it touches on the essence of sim racing (at least to me). Very few of us are championship contenders or aliens, but in the end that does not matter. Enjoying the competition, challenging and improving our craft is more important then being the best or fastest.

About improving your speed. In my opinion there are 3 things that make a fast lap:

1.) Knowing the fastest possible lines breaking points/forces/trailing, throttle application etc. for a particular car tack combo and setup
2.) Having the best possible setup for 1.)
3.) Executing 1.) to perfection

1.) is about how to be fast, 2.) is about what is required to be fast in that way and 3.) is about driving perfection. We might not all have the alien like reflexes (required for 3.) but I think if we get 1.) (and 2.)) about 90% right, a lot of people can be within 1.5-2 s of the very fast guys (e.g. prime time SRS winners). If people are multiple seconds of the pace of the very fast guys its usually not that hard to see where they are loosing time. Not sure about SRS, but on Reddit and various Facebook groups people share footage of their laps and ask others where to improve. I think this can be really helpfully if you're a couple seconds of the pace.

Perhaps the above is useful. Then again, we all take our own paths on our sim racing journeys and being fast is just on of the things one could aim for like you already explained.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Global Rating Position #300, without a single win - by Bram Harmsen - 09-21-2019, 08:48 AM