Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More varied conditions
I think it'd be nice to have some variance in conditions in AC. Right now the track always goes to 100% optimum grip in a few minutes in qualifying, and remains so for the rest of the event. It's always clear sunny skies, and you have tire warmers regardless of which car you're running. It'd be nice to have some super-fast cold conditions with overcast skies, some sweltering summer days which would force you to use harder compounds, so on; even some different times of day would be cool, morning or evening races, perhaps even races which start in the day and end in the night when/if Sol fully works online. Right now everything is too perfect, stagnant.

One of my teammates and I found this Nordschleife server running GT3s; it was kinda cold, overcast, and tire warmers were disabled. Everyone was tiptoeing through the first lap of the GP section, grip wasn't all there yet, and we're just like this is awesome. Everyone was careful because of the lack of tire warmers and the first lap - of the Ring GP section no less, with that first hairpin - was clean as anything. Public lobby.

I know some races on SRS are hectic and dangerous even in these perfect conditions, but I genuinely believe some variance - different temps, less track grip, not using tire warmers on cars which don't have them etc - would actually rein that in. So much grip right from the line encourages people to be heroes. I also feel like it'd be more realistic in general. Offline I take temps and grip down, disable tire warmers if appropriate, and it's great having to take a couple of laps to get it warmed up, and even when the car's optimal it's still imperfect and a bit malleable due to track grip. It just feels right.

Just some food for thought.

Messages In This Thread
More varied conditions - by Ethan Dean - 02-23-2019, 04:47 PM
RE: More varied conditions - by Russell Sobie - 02-23-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: More varied conditions - by Ethan Dean - 02-23-2019, 05:50 PM
RE: More varied conditions - by Dennis Ipenburg - 02-24-2019, 03:18 PM
RE: More varied conditions - by Russell Sobie - 02-24-2019, 09:32 PM
RE: More varied conditions - by Alex Nelson - 02-23-2019, 07:19 PM
RE: More varied conditions - by James Blint - 02-24-2019, 08:02 PM
RE: More varied conditions - by Pawel Kusmierek - 02-25-2019, 01:08 PM
RE: More varied conditions - by German Ocon Paez - 03-09-2019, 11:48 PM
RE: More varied conditions - by Borre Verdoes - 03-11-2019, 12:18 PM