Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Reviewers for first corners
A few points to go over here. I kind of like the idea, but I also have a knack for poking holes in good ideas.
  • Drivers with the highest rating wouldn't necessarily be "trusted" drivers. It's just a point system based on obscure and mysterious math that only one man knows the full meaning of. For the most part it means "Driver has been here a long time and has avoided getting banned and typically crosses the finish line in the top 10".
  • Said man is the same one that would have to hand pick the list of drivers for your idea.
  • He's not likely to bother taking the time to vet folks for the job.
  • If he did, there would inevitably be drama because Driver A got picked to be a reviewer, but Driver B did not.
  • Never mind the fact that once the "instant reports" started rolling in, there would be drama due to the results. Disagreements between reviewers, certain drivers' behaviors being ignored by certain reveiwers... etc..
The dictatorship we have currently pretty much prevents all of the above.

Welcome to SRS! And welcome to the SRS forums, where likely only about 10% of SRS members actually read the posts... and those are the folks that you don't usually have to worry about in turn 1. Big Grin
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz

Messages In This Thread
Reviewers for first corners - by Jorge Carrion - 12-15-2018, 06:58 PM
RE: Reviewers for first corners - by Russell Sobie - 12-15-2018, 08:29 PM
RE: Reviewers for first corners - by Martin Smith - 12-15-2018, 09:49 PM
RE: Reviewers for first corners - by Martin Smith - 12-15-2018, 10:49 PM
RE: Reviewers for first corners - by Marek Vons - 12-15-2018, 10:46 PM
RE: Reviewers for first corners - by Will Dawson - 12-16-2018, 03:43 AM
RE: Reviewers for first corners - by Martin Smith - 12-16-2018, 05:05 PM