Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Same setup - different top speed
I promise, absolutely promise that this is going to be my last thread for a long time.
I am not trying to find excuses for my lack of skills. I just want to understand.
Simple story:
1. I train for Spa on the Dallara, basic setup, and after maybe 200 laps I set a miserable PB of 2:13.9.
2. I notice from a comparison video I made with a fast guy that my top speed is 235, and his is 243. This has nothing to do with corner exit: two thirds into the long straight, my speed stabilises at 235, his continues to increase to 243.
3. I tweak the setup with more downforce front, a little back, increase rear camber and toe a notch. I immediately start shaving tenths and I set a new PB of 2:12.8. I am four seconds off the world record, consistent in the 13s and happy with unskilled myself. Interestingly, I notice that my top speed gets now up to 241. I thought downforce, if anything, would reduce top speed... I save the new setup.
4. I make a pathetic show in the race. Amen to that.
5. Today, I go back to try to improve my PB. I load the setup and a) I drive many - I mean many - laps within 5 tenths, ALL between 14 and 14.5. That is - I am consistently, I mean really consistently, 1 second slower than I was the day before yesterday. Even more interestingly, my top speed, lap after lap, won't go beyond 235.
Any wisdom highly appreciated, after which I shut the f#@*k up.

Messages In This Thread
Same setup - different top speed - by Pete Parisetti - 10-31-2018, 12:12 PM