Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Another existential question
First of all, thank you to all those who participated in the "Where does the time go?" discussion. It left me none the wiser (apart from - shame on me - learning that the MX5 is actually RWD...), but it made me feel less alone.
Now, more annoying questions.
Here I am, racing a guy in my kind of league (bottom of Server 1). He is slightly, very slightly slower than me, so a couple of times I manage to catch him with a better exit from a corner before a long straight. I get nearer - because I am already faster from the exit -, get close, use draft, and then make the move. We find ourselves door to door on the straight and I expect, carrying more speed from the better exit, to pass him easily. But, he keeps his foot down and... He actually goes faster than me, and by the end of the straight he has half a car advantage and I cannot pass him. This happened exactly like that, twice, in the last race. 
How on earth do you explain that? Changing gears on the MX5 is not rocket science (in terms of revs), and I don't use the auto clutch, which may penalise me slightly. Being a fixed setup race, you cannot invoke differences in that either. Where has the speed gone? What have I done wrong? 
Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Another existential question - by Pete Parisetti - 10-10-2018, 12:15 PM
RE: Another existential question - by Jay Gabriel - 10-10-2018, 04:24 PM
RE: Another existential question - by James Blint - 10-10-2018, 04:34 PM