Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caterham's driving wheel side
(06-28-2018, 06:49 PM)Alex Leif Wrote:  Just wanted to stop by and say thank you to Mr SRS for putting up a car like this, man does it provide some close racing! Also many thanks to the creators - look forward to the next update if this is only a WIP lol!

I don't think I have ever had as much side by side action as in this car, just had a race where for 10mins was side by side, CONSTANTLY, absolutely epic racing. I have seen 3 wide and even sometimes 4 wide and also very clean racing from where I have seen, magnificent stuff! The other day I watched 1st to 3rd battle for the whole race solidly, and today I battled side by side backwards and forwards over half the race, thanks Laszlo and Michael for an epic run there!

See you on the track Smile

It's a slow car so it provides for more close racing than you can get with other overpowered cars. We plan to update before August.
Right now it's sort of a placeholder physics wise from the 1700 and there will be quite a few changes. It is rather difficult to get data from anyone close to the real cars, often busy or forget, you know how it goes.
They do seem to use our mods (possibly for training before putting people in the real car for first time) so I will try get them provide at least some feedback on it if not any data.

In general it will probably have more grip both front and rear. As aero will reduce aero understeer and rear camber will reduce rear sliding from insufficient camber.

Messages In This Thread
Caterham's driving wheel side - by Javier Malonda - 06-18-2018, 09:53 AM
RE: Caterham's driving wheel side - by Alex Leif - 06-28-2018, 06:49 PM
RE: Caterham's driving wheel side - by Jaroslav Černý - 06-29-2018, 09:31 AM
RE: Caterham's driving wheel side - by Alex Leif - 06-29-2018, 05:01 PM