Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what causes drivers to screw up Turn 1?
If you even make it to turn 1 from the start of a race without contact, you've done good because there are many drivers that get a much better start than others so the temptation to pass early is there.
It may depend on which lane you start in as to which lane you prefer to be in on the approach to T1. I've personally done so many starts @ SRS, (450+) I can't remember the last time i caused an incident in turn 1....It has to be the inexperienced driver that doesn't know it's ok to get passed if you get a bad start. He may try to overdrive the car thinking that gaining 2 positions is his ultimate goal and the only way he can stay ahead, doesn't know his car's braking distance on cold brakes and too stubborn to brake early and lightly and fear of the driver behind ramming him, or getting back into the gas too early on exit, leaving the outside driver no room for his exit causing contact. So many reasons that are completely avoidable with patience.....If you can't see the driver beside you, just assume he's there every time, I mean he did start right beside you from the grid so most of the time, he's still there..it's perfectly fine to lose a few positions, if your car is fast enough, you can gain those positions back in 3 or 4 laps easy.....if you think you can block a faster driver as a way to improve your finishing position, you're wrong. I'd like to say these T1 incidents will improve 1 day, but I'm not so sure as long as there are inexperienced drivers in the field that don't want to improve and don't care about contact as long as they get the advantage temporarily.

Messages In This Thread
what causes drivers to screw up Turn 1? - by Michael Butler - 03-25-2018, 11:28 AM