Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longer pause times for longer race events
I had yesterday my second long race (one hour) since in SRS. It was GT3 in La Sarthre, and I loved it even though I was a the very back since it was my first time in the circuit. Everything worked out beautifully and I had a great time. The only thing I can think of that would have made it more pleasant is the suggestion that I bring to the forum.

I am used to 20 minute races. Pace is fast. Practice, then quali then race. There's like no pause between the first two and a minute pause between the last two. I'm usually ok with that, altough an extra minute before race would be appreciated to cool down a bit and maybe go to the bathroom. Alright.

Now for such a longer event, I missed longer pauses. The qualification alone is like a 20 minute race. Then we sprung to the race with just a minute pause. I'm asked to hold my pee for almost one hour and a half. I can do that, but I cannot enjoy a race in which my bladder is full at minute 25. Maybe that's why about 25% of the grid dropped off at some time!

It's not just about peeing, I know there are other things in life, like streching legs and resting eyes and breathing some fresh air.

So, if these events are longer, let us make pauses longer. Since we race for three times longer, how about a three times longer pre-race pause, like 3 minutes? Like that I can go to the bathroom, close my eyes for a moment and chill out before the race, maybe even pull my pants out my butt-cheeks...

So there, food for thought with nice imaginery   ;-)

And on the same thread but on other dimension, I just thought it would be awesome to have weekend events, like practice on friday, qualy on saturday and the race on sunday, with maybe even longer times. I don't know if that would be technically feasible, recording times/positions from one event to the other and feeding them back into the system, but may be a very interesting challenge and would be something absolutely glorious to race.

Once again, thanks for SRS and the great work.

Kind regards,

Javier

Messages In This Thread
Longer pause times for longer race events - by Javier Malonda - 12-03-2017, 11:54 AM