Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better cars anyone?
"Porsche, its 4 times per day - for Euro, Asia, America and Oceania. Altough sometimes I dont understand why we have oceanic series when they are not crowded.."

The Oceana time slot is not crowded because it sits in a very, very unfortunate time slot.
For Europe it is in the morning hours when everyone is at work or studying.
For Asia / Australia it is in the afternoon when everyone is not home yet.
For America it is after midnight which during a work wee no-one really is able to participate.

I have written a proposal to move the time slot 2 hours later (1800 GMT+8 instead of the current 1600 GMT+8) which will allow Australia, Asia and some of the Americas to actually race during the week.
This should fill servers up at least to have rated events.

Another issue with empty events is that below 6 participants there is ZERO rating.
I find it would be better to adjust the rating to earn at least some points towards peoples rating and more people will sign up when they see a server with only 2 or 3 people on a few minutes before deadline.
This way people could earn a little towards their rating and have a nice race, even with only a handful of others.
The zero points system with less than 6 people kills servers with low attendance completely :-(

Re cars: I love tin tops and couldn't care less about formula cars (but that is just me) - so what for me are races I would never attend are pure love for people who like formula cars.
The few weeks I have spend with SRS I must say I am impressed how nicely balanced the choice in cars and tracks have been.
I could always find something I liked (although all those MTX events are a bit of an eye sore to me in times and I rather would see them replaced with some vintage racing - say an AC Cobra cup or even a vintage Lotus F3 cup (that is an open wheeler that is actual fun).

Messages In This Thread
Better cars anyone? - by Neil de Guzman - 09-12-2017, 05:36 PM
RE: Better cars anyone? - by Pedro Gomez - 09-12-2017, 07:03 PM
RE: Better cars anyone? - by Neil de Guzman - 09-12-2017, 08:43 PM
RE: Better cars anyone? - by David Iglesias - 09-13-2017, 03:07 PM
RE: Better cars anyone? - by Marek Vons - 09-13-2017, 06:45 AM
RE: Better cars anyone? - by Neil de Guzman - 09-13-2017, 02:53 PM
RE: Better cars anyone? - by Dirk Steffen - 09-19-2017, 08:27 AM