Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Better cars anyone?
I am so sorry if I sound demanding. I would also like to apologize to whoever the sponsors are. But what a bout the cars?? I like the Porsche GT3 Cup. No problem with that. But I feel like it it's just too redundant having tons of series using that. I also liked the Dallara, but that's a loner for such a nice car to drive, and a double header?? Why? Just make one longer race that requires pit stop, not two separate races. And lastly, the MTX. What a terrible car in my peak time of racing. I have no choice, race or sleep. And sadly, I just slept during the MTX races, which I can totally do. It's nice to drive, don't get me wrong. Just the graphics as it doesn't resemble anything 2017, more like 2007 IMHO...
The second race with reverse grid is the best part of the Dallara session. Also is like the real F3 series.

And the MTX is very fun once you learn to play with it. The graphics are not the best, maybe, but good enough to forget about them when you're focusing on going fast.
well I guess no one can get just the right amount of bliss eh? I mean, the dallara is fun okay I get it regarding the reversed grid. But how or is it possible to have more races in that? leave the double header, I can live with that. Its such a good car to have only one race a day. The porsche, I have no problems with it, maybe make the dallara as many as the porche races?

Anyways... I am seriously thinking about contacting SRS if I could help run a series. But Im still thinking of it and still collecting old contacts of sim racing friends to race with.

Cheers!
Dallara is good, altough I didnt race it yet, I like the double headers, just the start time is too late for me. With MTX, you are little bit right, the series and the car are not so much interesting as for example last season Tatuus or Ginettas, but whatever, at least I can have some free time during the MTX races Big Grin and the Porsche, its 4 times per day - for Euro, Asia, America and Oceania. Altough sometimes I dont understand why we have oceanic series when they are not crowded..

Anyone would like to have some own series, me too, but I dont think thats possible
NEVER GIVE UP!
I'd agree to a point. That's actually the issue right now in iRacing when they add more and more cars and series that the population spread out or just race the most popular series and older series that are great to run turns to ghost town. I guess I'm just expecting too much. Anyways, maybe the amount of series right now is just perfect for the population it caters to. Well, I think I'll just wait for better cars when the current series ends.

Cheers !
(09-12-2017, 08:43 PM)Neil de Guzman Wrote:  well maybe make the dallara as many as the porche races?

The more races you have for a serie the less people in each race.

Since we have championships that have only one race at day or even at week, we have races with more than 50 people, which means more possibilities to find people of your same level. Before that it was just impossible to find a crowded race.
It it's true that it's difficult to race some series because of this (I love the Dalara but I have no time for it) but I think this is the best choice, at least until more people come to SRS and fill the servers.

About the reverse grid, I love it, in fact I would reverse the whole grid and not only the top 8. In any case, for me the best thing of thid is that it gives some variety to SRS, so we have 3 different types of races (20 min, 20+20 min and 60 min)
"Porsche, its 4 times per day - for Euro, Asia, America and Oceania. Altough sometimes I dont understand why we have oceanic series when they are not crowded.."

The Oceana time slot is not crowded because it sits in a very, very unfortunate time slot.
For Europe it is in the morning hours when everyone is at work or studying.
For Asia / Australia it is in the afternoon when everyone is not home yet.
For America it is after midnight which during a work wee no-one really is able to participate.

I have written a proposal to move the time slot 2 hours later (1800 GMT+8 instead of the current 1600 GMT+8) which will allow Australia, Asia and some of the Americas to actually race during the week.
This should fill servers up at least to have rated events.

Another issue with empty events is that below 6 participants there is ZERO rating.
I find it would be better to adjust the rating to earn at least some points towards peoples rating and more people will sign up when they see a server with only 2 or 3 people on a few minutes before deadline.
This way people could earn a little towards their rating and have a nice race, even with only a handful of others.
The zero points system with less than 6 people kills servers with low attendance completely :-(

Re cars: I love tin tops and couldn't care less about formula cars (but that is just me) - so what for me are races I would never attend are pure love for people who like formula cars.
The few weeks I have spend with SRS I must say I am impressed how nicely balanced the choice in cars and tracks have been.
I could always find something I liked (although all those MTX events are a bit of an eye sore to me in times and I rather would see them replaced with some vintage racing - say an AC Cobra cup or even a vintage Lotus F3 cup (that is an open wheeler that is actual fun).