Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longer races and people quitting before end
True, true, +1

I already said before, that you only need 3 laps to score points for the race, that makes not sense at all... at all! You should have 90% of race done to get the points.

And about the porsche, my words.. a lot of people were asking for series with mandatory pitstop, okay, you SRS brought it, but with this car it makes no sense at all. Like Mads said, there are only hard tyres, which easily last all the race without any trouble, so you dont need to change them. And filling the car with 80 litres (what is enough for the whole race), doesnt change anything and you can still do almost the same lap times as in quali... so then, to do your mandatory pitstop, its enough to come to the pits for 1l of fuel and thats it... you will lose only the time, which you drive through the pitlane, because it takes like 0.5s to fill that 1l. And thats it... mandatory pitstop done.

There is an option in assetto corsa to put into the server config maximum fuel load. And as you cant put there any rule, that you have to change the tyres, you could at least apply this rule, about the maximum amount of fuel you can take. That would mean, that people (f.e. in this series with porsche) would have to take max. 50l of fuel and then they would have to stop for at least 30l of fuel to get to the finish. Also, car with more tyre options would make it a lot, a lot better than this one, because the mandatory pitstop here is just for nothing, not chaning a lot of things, and thats sad. Maybe, locking the setup in some series wouldnt be bad, too. Why not to try it next season? It would be bigger fun, because there wouldnt be a setup difference. I saw it in some leagues where I raced and it was a lot more interesting and a lot more fun.
NEVER GIVE UP!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Longer races and people quitting before end - by Marek Vons - 09-03-2017, 07:38 PM