Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longer races and people quitting before end
Thumbs Down 
First off: I think SRS is a great app and should be implemented in the original Assetto Corsa game.
But the users sometimes lack a little discipline.
I joined the 1 hour GT3 Euro Cup at Barcelona yesterday.
Server 1 (My buddy was placed on this server) started out 17 drivers I think, and we were 9 on server 2. It didn't take many laps before we were only 5 on server 2.
It quickly got a little boring racing alone and I could hear through my buddy's discord channel that they were down to 13 but still had a good race going .
After the race I saw in the standings, that even the quitters after only 5 minutes of racing still got points. The same amount as if they had finished the race in that position.
It ruined the race when so many quit.
9 drivers were very few for a 1 hour race to begin with, and I had hoped the two servers had been merged to one with 26 drivers. I see lots of online servers with 30+ drivers.
But why award people with points when they quit? You get a penalty for hitting others and a 2 day ban for not showing up on the server after signing in. Quitting the race should be penalized even harder.
If not I will also quit the race after a few laps if I get stuck on the boring server with only a few people racing.

That being said I prefer longer races whit mandatory pitstops. (But please select cars where tire choices make a difference. The Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017 could run on the same tire set all race and only the fuel could make a small difference. I like the tactical choice between soft, med or hard: Will I sacrifice speed for longer stints?)

Messages In This Thread
Longer races and people quitting before end - by Mads Moller - 09-03-2017, 07:10 PM