Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
How does this work?
(02-27-2018, 12:57 PM)Andrea Bianchi Wrote:  I have run in many races but i've never been follewed by the cam in the broadcast. I have notice that the cam follow many racers with skins. Maybe if i have a skin the cam will follow me? How it works? Thanks.

I think the primary rule is to show the car A with the least amount of advantage (margin) to the following car B. I've been shown a couple of times despite not having had a skin.

Then again, I would also like to suggest an additional rule, in case that information is available and consistent among cars:
When selecting a front-facing camera (onboard, hood etc.) show car B instead of A. Otherwise you just get dull coverage of the track in front.
(08-01-2017, 09:06 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  You have plugins for that, action cam etc..

Hi 

Can you be a little more specific about the plugins  Are they for chrome, for youtube, where do you find them?  Smile

Many thanks,

Paddy
(02-27-2018, 12:57 PM)Andrea Bianchi Wrote:  
(08-01-2017, 09:06 PM)simracingsystem Wrote:  You have plugins for that, action cam etc..

I have run in many races but i've never been follewed by the cam in the broadcast. I have notice that the cam follow many racers with skins. Maybe if i have a skin the cam will follow me? How it works? Thanks.

it is all automated and random camera views I'm sure, no preferences or favorite drivers, although it may focus on certain positions more than others....you would have to go to the app or plug in source and modify it for any changes in how the app works and that would require some work. Just like in real life, the camera sometimes misses the action and needs a human to tell it where the action is, unless it could focus on where contact is made, but then it would be focusing on the mid to rear pack constantly, but then again, it could focus on the overtakes too but like i said, that requires work and time. it would be an app or plug in downloaded from places like this...   https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads...load_count apps and plugins for a server
(03-06-2018, 11:49 AM)Matthias Wauer Wrote:  .....
Then again, I would also like to suggest an additional rule, in case that information is available and consistent among cars:
When selecting a front-facing camera (onboard, hood etc.) show car B instead of A. Otherwise you just get dull coverage of the track in front.

Yes, please  Wink ...!
(03-06-2018, 11:49 AM)Matthias Wauer Wrote:  
(02-27-2018, 12:57 PM)Andrea Bianchi Wrote:  I have run in many races but i've never been follewed by the cam in the broadcast. I have notice that the cam follow many racers with skins. Maybe if i have a skin the cam will follow me? How it works? Thanks.

I think the primary rule is to show the car A with the least amount of advantage (margin) to the following car B. I've been shown a couple of times despite not having had a skin.

someone would have to edit the files and SRS admins don't do many changes at the drop of a hat..lol....they could just take out all camera views that are irrelevant and show all TV views or preferred views but it would still miss some of the action.
I thought it might be a programming algorithm that watches for close deltas and could be modified to step back one car for that view.
Either way, still fun to watch on youtube.
Not sure if I´m on the right place but.....

Some broadcasts or all of them since some days ago are showing the title as "Tatuus @ Monza 22:00....". Don´t know whats wrong, but other series are showing this name and it´s difficult to find, as an example, the Audi TT race or any other broadcasts...
(02-27-2018, 12:57 PM)Andrea Bianchi Wrote:  

I have run in many races but i've never been follewed by the cam in the broadcast. I have notice that the cam follow many racers with skins. Maybe if i have a skin the cam will follow me? How it works? Thanks.

Indeed. I Made a skin for Sérgio Silva with a big SRS sponsor and color.. Guess whats the most filmed car?! Guess what skin the SRS admin uses?! Also i got to notice they film a lot the Spanish and Portuguese guys.
[img]https://i.ibb.co/xS5Lzhw/IMG-20190503-202629-959.jpg[/img]