Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Split calculation
Can we talk about the rule that gives more importance to the championship points than the user rating to calculate the splits?

That thing never had any sense to me, I think that the drivers must always race against people with its same skill, but this is specially annoying the first week of a daily series, here is an example: last MX5 race, the top 5 drivers in the second split were 2 seconds faster in qualy than the rest of the grid. These guys were faster in race than the top5 of the first split. In the first split there were some people 2-3-4 seconds off the pace per lap. Wouldn't be these guys happier in the second split racing against people of its same level? Wouldn't be happier the top 5 of the second split, and the top5 of the first split if they could race together?

I guess that this rule was added to avoid an specific scenario were in the middle of a championship a high ranked driver that is not disputing the championship could send a low ranked driver that is fighting for the championship to the second split, but without making that rule more specific you're penalising the the system in most of the cases just to make it more fair for an scenario that will be an exception.

I know that the rule won't be changed, but can it be at least removed from the first weeks of the championships? (or completely removed for the daily series where championships are not that relevant)

Hope to see some opinions about this, specially from the people that would be usually in the lower splits.
Cheers.
I'd certainly be okay with it being postponed until after all of week one of a series. I had a busy work week and only just last night and this morning was able to race in a few of the daily races. Because I had zero champ points, I was relegated to server 2, even though my rating is 700+. Didn't super matter since also because I haven't been racing all week that I was pretty green in the races and barely got top 10s... but yeah. The champ points over rating points make sense for week one for racing series that only have one race per week, but not the daily races, where experienced drivers are penalized with lower point potential by not racing at the very beginning of the week.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz
i do not think its a problem especially in daily series, where you can make many races on 1 track. Even if you rating is low and you do first race for example on server 2, you win and you are very likely gonna start next race on server 1 then. If this was only based on rating then imagine lewis h. coming to race with us having no chance in championshit because he could only drive on server 2 all the races on the first track Smile There is always going to be some kind of compromise in things like this.