Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audi TT Cup and clutch
Hi,

I'm practicing with the Audi TT at the moment. One thing I noticed, is when I start a race with some bots, the clutch is automatically pressed, without me touching the actual pedal. And when the red lights turn off, it automatically releases itself, when I press my gas pedal.

So is this normal? I don't have this with any other car.
(11-17-2020, 09:17 PM)Maurice Klerken Wrote:  Hi,

I'm practicing with the Audi TT at the moment. One thing I noticed, is when I start a race with some bots, the clutch is automatically pressed, without me touching the actual pedal. And when the red lights turn off, it automatically releases itself, when I press my gas pedal.

So is this normal? I don't have this with any other car.
I'm not driving in that series this season so I haven't tried the car. However in a previous series I tried the Audi TT RS (VLN), so I think its pretty much the same as the TT Cup. In the RS (VLN) the clutch was automatically pressed at the very start of race like in your case, so I think its normal even though it freaked me out at the time as well. What's more in that series it was an hour long race, so when I had to pit and I wasn't able to press the clutch in at all and I had to do a very bogged down standing start when my pitstop was done. The replay showed it was happening to the other drivers in the grid too, so it wasn't exclusive to me.

I'm not really sure why these things happen with the clutch in the RS (VLN) car and the Cup car, it must something pretty specific to Audi TT's, or cars of that type or racing class. It might have an inbuilt automatic clutch with no dedicated pedal perhaps? Like yourself I had never experienced before in any other car.
Alright, that should explain it then. Really odd. Anyone else with the same experience?
Nothing odd.

In TT cup car there is no clutch pedal, it uses a softly modified version of the stock automatic gearbox.
So, when you are in 1st gear, as soon as you press the throttle the car moves.

There is other cars that does the same, Cayman GT4 if i remember well does exactly the same
The no clutch thing has caused someone to jump the start in at least three of the races I have been in in the series. Honest mistake though, I have done it too. It is easy when you're used to sticking it in first and dropping the clutch at the start.
That's what practice is for Wink

Though I have to say I have to remind my self as the race is about to start.
Oh yeah ... my reminder is a setup named "no clutch!" Tongue
(12-12-2020, 01:00 PM)Rob Russo Wrote:  Oh yeah ... my reminder is a setup named "no clutch!" Tongue
Great idea.
Tutorial on how to use Autodesk Mudbox and Adobe Photoshop to make custom liveries! https://tinyurl.com/yaetz4qz
Grab my PDash Skins (an Assetto Corsa HUD app) here: https://tinyurl.com/y95ewubz